Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Ok, now that SAG is available, I am in search of a headset with A2DP capabilities. I listen to audio books mostly, and mostly talk on the phone. So I am looking for a single-ear headset that has A2DP capabilities. I looked everywhere buy cannot find one!

What would be REALLY nice is if someone made an A2DP single ear headset with an optional, unpluggable second earpiece for stereo playback! I'm not dreaming, Gennum makes one that is VERY close: called the nXZEN PLUS: http://www.nxzen.com/product.php -- you can buy it at CompUSA.

This device is a standard non-A2DP headset that has an optional earpiece that plugs into the main headset for stereo (2-ear) playback. The problem is this stereo feature is only available if you PLUG IN the unit into your MP3 player (or Treo) using the included headphones audio cable with a 3.5mm jack (boooo!)

My point is that all Gennum has to do is update the device for A2DP and get rid of the audio cable! I hope they're gonna do that soon!

I've also been waiting anxiously for the Nokia HS-12W but don't even know if it will be available in the US.

If anyone knows of a single-headset with A2DP capabilities, please post!
    Unless I'm misreading, you can get what you want from the nxZen. You don't plug anything into your phone/ipod/etc. What you do is plug in a single earbud to the clip-on earpiece that houses the bluetooth unit. So you've got a standard bluetooth headset on one ear, connected by a wire around the back of your head to an ear bud in the other ear. Odd, probably ugly, and possibly uncomfortable. But no need to plug into your phone. But note that this review says it doesn't play so nicely w/a Treo. http://www.legitreviews.com/article/277/1/
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Actually, I bought this unit from CompUSA. The secondary earbud has a wire that splits up into two plugs - one to plug into the primary earpiece/headset and the other is a standard 3.5mm plug for your mp3/audio player. In order to listen to music, you have to plug it into a standard audio device. Needless to say, I was very disappointed.

The device pairs up as a regular headset with the Treo and will not talk to SAG -- its bluetooth technology does not have A2DP -- it's a standard mono (SCO) bluetooth headset.
    also looking for one. I play alot of poker so music in one ear and listening to the other players in the other would be ideal
    Here's a wild idea.
    This A2DP bluetooth set comes in 2 separate ear-pieces. What if you snipped the wire connecting them and replaced it with a banana plug. I bet one (the earpiece with the microphone) has all the circuits and antenna. Unpleg and use it solo or plug-in the other earpiece and use it in stereo.

http://www.bluetake.com/products/BT450Rx.htm

Don't blame me if this doesn't work out and you ruin the headset :-(
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    The thought of rigging one up did cross my mind. Last year, I rigged a generic Treo 650 cradle with a stereo audio line out jack. It worked great! Two weeks later, Siedo came out with a beautiful one. And of course, I bought it. This time, I'll wait a few weeks before heading to Radio Shack!!! :-D
    iTech makes a version like that with a detachable earpiece.

Its called the I.Tech Clip III

check out:
    http://www.itechdynamic.com

They have the S38 which lets you plug in any headphones.
    Also the R35 which lets you use any headphones and supports AVRCP (hopefully SAG can do this for our TREO).
    Last edited by enynite; 03/09/2006 at 02:17 PM.
    Having earbuds with wires leading to a device that is like a cell phone in itself defeats the purpose of wireless BT headsets, IMO.

Still, glad to see these options opening up. More choices...
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Enynite, thanks for the suggestion -- I took a look at all their products. I found some of them for sale at MobilePlanet.com

I am tempted to try the Clip R35 - it's kinda of what I was looking for. Aprasad has a good point, though - we're still dealing with headphones connected to a unit that clips onto a shirt. It's halfway there, though, since the clip is far better than hanging the Treo off of the shirt collar.

Thanks for the link!
    aprasad, I agree. I don't see the point in having my phone connect "wirelessly" to a Bluetooth dongle that's in the same pocket my phone is!

This is a step in the right direction though.
    if it helps, you guys can clip it on your ear lobe. it will be alot like the mono bluetooth headsets AND a nice fashion accessory!
    Is it possible?
    Is it just an easy addition?
    What I mean is, why can't the BT headset mfg's just make a mono A2DP earpiece?
    I don't mean this particular one, but something like this:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Just call me Berd.
    Just wondering if there is anthing out there like this...i am very interested in this as well
    Quote Originally Posted by dstudboy1 View Post
    Just wondering if there is anthing out there like this...i am very interested in this as well
    Try searching. Jabra makes one.
    I wouldnt have asked if I could have found it...thanks
    I think it's the 8010 from jabra
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Has anyone tried the jabra 8010? I was going to puchase but read there was compatibility issues witht the Treo. Any help would be great. Thanks
    Hi,

I had been on a quest of an a2dp earbud for a long time. Jabra finally came out with what I was looking for & I am quite pleased.

I am currently using the Jabra BT8040. It is a singe earbud headset that plays music and podcasts etc. using
    A2DP. I use it in the car and around the house and it enables me to listen to podcasts wirelessly without tuning out the rest of the world.

When a call comes in the audio is interrupted and I can answer the call and the audio resumes when I hang up

I would guess the BT810 works the same way. It has an additional earpiece for stereo and has an over the ear configuration. With the BT8040, the earbud sometimes falls out of my ear when I am active.

The choice is up to you

MikeC
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    Also check out the Plantronics Voyager 855.
    Quote Originally Posted by spingary View Post
    Ok, now that SAG is available, I am in search of a headset with A2DP capabilities. I listen to audio books mostly, and mostly talk on the phone. So I am looking for a single-ear headset that has A2DP capabilities. I looked everywhere buy cannot find one!

What would be REALLY nice is if someone made an A2DP single ear headset with an optional, unpluggable second earpiece for stereo playback! I'm not dreaming, Gennum makes one that is VERY close: called the nXZEN PLUS: http://www.nxzen.com/product.php -- you can buy it at CompUSA.

This device is a standard non-A2DP headset that has an optional earpiece that plugs into the main headset for stereo (2-ear) playback. The problem is this stereo feature is only available if you PLUG IN the unit into your MP3 player (or Treo) using the included headphones audio cable with a 3.5mm jack (boooo!)

My point is that all Gennum has to do is update the device for A2DP and get rid of the audio cable! I hope they're gonna do that soon!

I've also been waiting anxiously for the Nokia HS-12W but don't even know if it will be available in the US.

If anyone knows of a single-headset with A2DP capabilities, please post!
    I use a Jabra BT8040 that might fit your bill - the best at staying paired in my experience.
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

Rock Solid and Stable - Sprint Centro and Treo 755p
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast