Global Posts
    309 Global Posts
    I have a Sprint 650 and the Palm branded Treo headset. I have been using this setup for about a year with no issues. I have not used the headset in about a month and when I went to use it, it was no longer in my device list. So I went to re-pair the headset and my treo will not recognize the headset.

My company has a few of these in stock so I tried a brand new Treo headset and that didn't work either. I have the BT radio on and the headset is about 6 inches from the Treo but it never finds it. I have discoverable set to No and Dial-up networking off.

Any thoughts on what might be causing this?
    SprintPCS Treo 755p
    Discoverable to Yes?

Are you following the pairing instructions that came with the Treo Headset?

(If you have lost them -- they are still in the bottom of my glove compartment.) or:
    http://www.palm.com/us/support/handb...p-o=3,100000,0 (Page 4, if it doesn't go there automatically.)

Cheers, Perry.
    Last edited by gtwo; 03/06/2006 at 11:39 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Discoverable to Yes?
    Not needed. The Treo is looking for the headset, not the other way around.
    1. I will assume that you didn't turn the Treo's BT off sometime back to save battery power when you stopped using the headset.

2. Unpair / delete all known devices.

3. Soft Reset

4. Don't try pairing with headset on your ear. Put one devcie in left hand other in right.

5. You starting pairing process with headset in OFF position .... no blinking light ?

6. You getting the radio wave animated icon in lower right when initiating pair ?

7. You holding button on headset down , starting in OFF condition, un til Treo senses devie, ignoring all beeps from TWH as the process goes forward ?
    Thats really strange, I've been using my Palm BT250 for over a year now daily, this morning it would work or pair. Tried repairing , deleting BT devices with FILEZ, did a reset, tried on, off, on, off, while I was holding for Jabra tech support I got frustrated and gave the BT a tap on my desk, tried repair again and it worked. Maybe I should open and repair shop .
    File Z ? what file did you delete and has it reappeared now ?
    Global Posts
    309 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    1. I will assume that you didn't turn the Treo's BT off sometime back to save battery power when you stopped using the headset.
    BT is ON

No devices listed in BT manager.

3. Soft Reset
    Tried this already

4. Don't try pairing with headset on your ear. Put one devcie in left hand other in right.
    Both devices sitting on my desk about 6 inches apart. Treo is in cradle.

5. You starting pairing process with headset in OFF position .... no blinking light ?
    BT is set to On for Treo and blue light is blinking on headset.

6. You getting the radio wave animated icon in lower right when initiating pair ?
    Yes, but headset is never recognized.

7. You holding button on headset down , starting in OFF condition, un til Treo senses devie, ignoring all beeps from TWH as the process goes forward ?
    This is what was wrong. I was not holding down the power button long enough. Thanks for the help.
    Thanks fro the help folks. See above in bold.
    SprintPCS Treo 755p
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    File Z ? what file did you delete and has it reappeared now ?
    I deleted BT trusted devices and restored from a day when i knew it was working.
    No devices listed in BT manager.
    Should do it anyway just in case.

Both devices sitting on my desk about 6 inches apart. Treo is in cradle.
    Should take out of cradle.

BT is set to On for Treo and blue light is blinking on headset.
    Headset should be OFF....no blinking

This is what was wrong. I was not holding down the power button long enough. Thanks for the help.

That's usually the case....methinks you held on long enough to turn it off....turn it back on and then finally let it connect. Headset should be off when you start.