1.    #1  
    Recently I had duplicate contacts on both my desktop and treo after a sync.

So I removed many of the 'dupes' and did another sync. Now those contacts have been permanently deleted from both places!

Does anyone know exactly where I can find a older contact hot sync file. Do they exist (as a .pst or otherwise)? If so, can I sync with them to replace what I lost - or at least view them and re-enter manually?

If anyone knows how to do this, I would appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks!

Murph71
    Hi Murph71 !!

I do not believe HotSync saves older files automatically.

Do you use a backup utility to your SD card?
    When was your last PC backup?

These are your last hopes, I believe.

Sorry, Perry.
    Last edited by gtwo; 03/06/2006 at 10:06 AM.
    Unfortunately, most peeps don't think about backups until they need something they lost. While researching an answer to your problem, I'd think about a backup program.

BackUpBuddy VFS
    Resco BackUp
    BackUpMan

Do you back up your PC. That file is stored in C:|ProgramFiles\Palm\[username]\address
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    Unfortunately, most peeps don't think about backups until they need something they lost. While researching an answer to your problem, I'd think about a backup program.

BackUpBuddy VFS
    Resco BackUp
    BackUpMan

Do you back up your PC. That file is stored in C:|ProgramFiles\Palm\[username]\address
    Thanks for the help. I also can try my SD backup folder... I used to back up everything to the card, and then to the PC... but it's been a while.

Assuming I can find the contacts under C:|ProgramFiles\Palm\[username]\address, how do I then transfer them to my treo? Draggind and dropping to the install tool?

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions.
    Well if they were still there a hotsync would aput them back.....my thot was if you backed up your C drive, then you could find the address.db file in the backup and restore it to C:\Programfiles\Palm\[Username]\address\