Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    From PalmAddicts

SnapperMail 2.3.3.04 has just been released. It's available to all registered users and as a full trial version. This release includes the following:

FIXED

- IMAP: SnapperMail handles empty message bodies that Lotus Domino occasionally returns.
    - IMAP: Fixes a crash issue occurring with some IMAP servers.
    - IMAP: Trashing messages while viewing now navigates messages
    correctly according to preferences.
    - POP: Issue with deleting user folders that POP accounts download to.
    - SSL: External CA certificate databases work correctly.
    - SSL: Wildcards are now supported for domain assigned SSL certificates.
    For example 'host.company.com' and '*.company.com' are now
    accepted for SSL certificates.
    - SSL: Crash bug in certain error situations.

CHANGED

- Added various Video MIME types to attachment handler for improved attachment handling.
    - Auto fetch start up paced to give Verizon devices time to initialise network library.
    - Extended Media app to all Palm devices with this built-in app installed.
    - IMAP: Issues STORE FLAGS.SILENT instead of STORE.FLAGS.
    - SSL: Added Equifax/GlobalTrust CA certificates levels 1-3 for Gmail.
    Lame update, still no push email.

Al
    Wow - that's weak. How about a "fix" for the "connecting" page taking over my Treo for 3 min while it tries to send an email. I'm about 99% ready to switch to Chattermail.
    I am a snappermail reg owner and I tell you this update (after waiting all this time) still falls short of most power users expectations :-(
    Treoing & Loving it
    Chatter still beats it
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    I wouldn't even call this an update
    This is really referred to as a version fix than a version release change.
    Don't release any update without addressing the problem of lost email in SD card and push email in background.

In other hand, to be fair, those two problems are the only major issues they need fix. Snappermail is still a fantastic app.
    Treo 750 unbranded T-mobile, HTC WIZARD 8125 T-MOBILE (broken), Treo 650 T-mobile 1.43/1.14 OS 5.4.8 Garnet (sold).
    Dell X50v, X30 624Mhz and HP ipaq h2210 h1945.

Treo 750 hacks thread.
    Snapper doesn't hard-loop my Treo. That gets it the from me vs Chatter
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus
    Snapper doesn't hard-loop my Treo. That gets it the from me vs Chatter
    If Chatter is hard-looping your Treo then something else is wrong. Too many people successfully using Chatter to blame your problem on it.
    I have to say that Chatter is been really great with me recently. If you had problems with Chatter some time ago ( more than a month ago) I would give it a second try. It is really worth it.

Al
    Well, Jennifer Shelamer over at Snapper told me that push email functionality would be their next major upgrade. I guess that means that this isn't a major upgrade(obviously). I like Snapper, but Chatter is WAY better. I must say though, I wouldn't mind if Marc ripped off Snapper's 'finger navigation' mode...

khaytsus will probably hate Chatter for a long time - regardless of how good it is - due to the fact that Marc referred to him as a "*****" in one of the threads over in the 'Palm OS communication' section, so you all may as well give up on trying to convince him.
    Why are ringtones always such a big issue? Don't people realize that they're obnoxious!? And why the Nintendo 'Wii'? What th-!?
    I was a long time Snapper user, but these so called updates? Come on now, their just buying time so the next major update would be another charge $ for their users. It took me a while to get Chatter, but you know what? A very happy Chatter user. Yes, there was an occasion problem with a Beta version or two, but Marc has a fix almost instantly. That's a sign of a great developer, great job Marc.
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by swilcox
    If Chatter is hard-looping your Treo then something else is wrong. Too many people successfully using Chatter to blame your problem on it.
    I wouldn't be so sure. There are more fatal exception resets from chatter than the rest of my device combined.
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    I wouldn't be so sure. There are more fatal exception resets from chatter than the rest of my device combined.
    That's strange because for me - Snapper caused all sorts of resets. Since I started trialing Chatter (granted - only for 5 days now) it has been bullet-proof. Not a single reset.
    Quote Originally Posted by ksmith80209
    That's strange because for me - Snapper caused all sorts of resets. Since I started trialing Chatter (granted - only for 5 days now) it has been bullet-proof. Not a single reset.
    Everyone has different experiences with all software. I wasn't implying Chatter sucks. After all, I did pay for it. I just want to calm people down before their heads explode due to accute Chatteritis.
    Heh, Snapper hasn't ever crashed for me, but Chatter has caused me problems.. Go figure. I guess a stable program can be unstable for some people, etc..

BTW, I mostly wanted to make mention that it's very possible Snapper hasn't put in push email because of the RIM/NTP BS that's been going on.. Push Email is a bit of a hot topic these days, patents etc.. INAL but I'm not even sure it's really "cleared up" right now. Maybe NTP would sue Snapper next?

I think someone even claims they have the patent on notified-push emails (ie: sms causes a mail retrieval). If I had only patented the wheel...
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    As reported by the phone crash log? That's not a very reliable way of determining who caused the crash.

My experience: NO fatal exceptions by Chatter (or anything else on my Treo, for that matter, although I did have a rash of them several months ago caused by Butler, and the phone crash log reported that Chatter was running when the crash happend. True enough, but I'm 100% certain that it was Butler that caused the crashes, and an updated Butler fixed them too.)
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus
    BTW, I mostly wanted to make mention that it's very possible Snapper hasn't put in push email because of the RIM/NTP BS that's been going on.. Push Email is a bit of a hot topic these days, patents etc.. INAL but I'm not even sure it's really "cleared up" right now. Maybe NTP would sue Snapper next?
    Then NTP is going to have to sue Thunderbird and every other application that makes use of the imap IDLE command. Not a very likely explanation for the delay in Snapper's push implementation, IMHO.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast