1.    #1  
    under Firmware 1.51, Treo650-1.17-CMG Hardware A

When trying to open Blazer, I get a blank screen for a while - like 6-7 seconds before it tries to connect/receive info - anyone else see this?

Is this with the new firmware or do older versions do this also?

Maybe it will get fixed soon by new firmware?

I have tried hard resets with same result each time.

Thanks!
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    Hi Fred,

I think I remember that if you delete the Blazer cookies file, that delay goes away. Worked for me a few months ago.

-James.
    USR Pilot 5000, Palm Pilot Pro, Palm V, Sony Clie 610, Sony Clie TG50, Sony Clie UX50, Palm Treo 650, Palm Treo 680
    What James said. Resets only erase the cache not the cookies. You have to manually erase them.
    Quote Originally Posted by fkjr2
    under Firmware 1.51, Treo650-1.17-CMG Hardware A

When trying to open Blazer, I get a blank screen for a while - like 6-7 seconds before it tries to connect/receive info - anyone else see this?

Is this with the new firmware or do older versions do this also?

Maybe it will get fixed soon by new firmware?

I have tried hard resets with same result each time.

Thanks!
    I noticed this delay on mine definitely after the 1.17 update. Sometimes it would even take almost a minute! However, this only happens first thing in the morning when I open Blazer. During the day, it's normal as before.

I'll clean up my cookies tonight and see if this will fix the problem tomorrow when I fire up Blazer.
    Ed
    Visor Deluxe, Prism, Visorphone, Treo 270, Treo 600, Treo 650, and am eagerly waiting for the next generation Treo...but wait...is that the iPhone????
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    cleaning cookies does it
    do I delete the cookies manully using filez and deleting anything found in "Blazer Cookies"?
    Filez -- Internal -- select Blazer Cookies --- item -- edit --- delete everything in the record list?

Thanks
    There's always next year!
    it doesn't matter either, both methods would do the trick, but its easier just to do it from blazer though.
    !! uNo.....DoS.....tReO!!

http://www.myspace.com/ljj8503
  8.    #8  
    thanks guys - is there a way to automate this? How often should one clear the cookies?

Cheers
    Fred
    Cingular 680
  9.    #9  
    ok sorry guys tried this but still delay - tested it with 55kb and after clearing (cookies)under cookies and it still took over 10 secs to open (blank screen) !

I definitely think this is related to the last firmware I did - before 1.17, it didnt do this at all.

Thanks anyway. Cheers
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    i tried clearing the cookies from blazer but when i look at the file with filez i still see 30 records in there should i delete these with filez?
    There's always next year!