1.    #1  
    I've been thinking about getting a 700w for a while now. The only reason I haven't bought it is that I have hundreds of dollars in palm os applications. I was wondering if theres any way that I could sell them or do something with them other than just letting them completely go to waste. If they just completely go to waste then not only would I be losing all that money I've spent but I would probably have to spend a decent amount on wm5 applications to get the same functionality I had on my treo 650. Is there anything I could do about this problem?

Thanks
    several regular phones -> sidekick 2 -> treo 650 -> hopefully 700p
  2.    #2  
    anyone?
    several regular phones -> sidekick 2 -> treo 650 -> hopefully 700p
    I don't know the legalities, but I do know that a number of apps are tied to the ID, so it's not as simple as just syncing an app to another device.
    Last edited by Insertion; 03/05/2006 at 09:30 AM.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by tcens
    I've been thinking about getting a 700w for a while now. The only reason I haven't bought it is that I have hundreds of dollars in palm os applications. I was wondering if theres any way that I could sell them or do something with them other than just letting them completely go to waste. If they just completely go to waste then not only would I be losing all that money I've spent but I would probably have to spend a decent amount on wm5 applications to get the same functionality I had on my treo 650. Is there anything I could do about this problem?

Thanks

I feel your pain. This is one reason why a Windows Mobile phone would have to WOW me beyond belief to get me switch.

In another thread -- someone mentioned a program that allows you to run Palm Apps on Windows Mobile but I can't remember the name of it. Of course, the next responder into that thread said that it didn't preform 100% of the time.

Ah, found the link:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...52&postcount=4

Cheers, Perry.
    Last edited by gtwo; 03/05/2006 at 09:35 AM.
    StyleTap, and I was the next responder. (As I am now)
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Palm apps register themselves in on of three ways that I am aware of:

1. No regsitration.....you can beam them to another user / phone and they will work fine, no strings attached.
    2. Limited regsitration.....you can beam them to another user / phone and they will work fine, for a trial period....same as downlaoding a trial or demo.
    3. HotSync Name Registration - the program will only work for the user whose HotSYnc name was specified. Usually can still beam demo to others as above.
    4. HotSync and Device Registration - Syncs to single device and hotsync name...will only work on spoecific Treo and with sepocific Hotsync name.

That being said, some vendors specifically allow (regarding item 4) a move to another device. Whether the vendor allows you to sell your software to another means getting a new reg code and I would imagine you will have to address those on a case by case basis.