1.    #1  
    I'm scheduled for a 10 day trip in the Philippines. Will not be bringing my laptop and hoping to use (if possible) my locked Cingular Treo to access my email and a little bit of web surfing including receiving calls. Has anyone used their Cingular Treo out there and how expensive is it compared to just going to an internet cafe or buying a phone card out there? Used my Treo when I visited Canada last year and it cost me a fortune
    Ed
    Visor Deluxe, Prism, Visorphone, Treo 270, Treo 600, Treo 650, and am eagerly waiting for the next generation Treo...but wait...is that the iPhone????
    You can bring your Treo, make sure it's unlock if you want to use your phone for local calls or text as these are better served with a prepaid SIM card. Don't bother with the data using my your US account as it can get really expensive since they charge by KB.

Internet access is better via wifi there as there are lots of places you can pay for access.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks Ronbo
    Ed
    Visor Deluxe, Prism, Visorphone, Treo 270, Treo 600, Treo 650, and am eagerly waiting for the next generation Treo...but wait...is that the iPhone????