Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    My friend tried to access his Fidelity brokerage account on my 650. He was able to log in, but his account didn't display. Does anybody here succefully trade on Fidelity using their 650?
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Yes, I trade regularly on Fidelity Anywhere using my 650. I have two accounts with Fidelity and no problems switching back and forth, though Fidelity's interface is still a bit cumbersome for Palm use and is lacking one or two features that are really stupid (i.e. can't give me a real-time P/L for the day like I get with the full HTML interface - can look at all my positions, but the overall balance is 1-day lagged), it's not too terrible.

The trick is that after you do the brokerage log in, you need to select "Brokerage" from the drop down, then pick "Positions" from the drop down on the next page. If you have multiple accounts like I do, then it will force you to select the appropriate account before you get there. So definitely a bit unwieldy as there are 4 or 5 page loads and server round trips required before you are logged in and can trade, but it only takes me about 60 seconds to get logged in and set, assuming I'm in an area with good reception.

Obviously, not ideal if you are an active trader. I am a longer term invesotr though, and mostly just check in to make sure nothing is blowing up on me when I'm away from my computer for the day.
    I use Fidelity Anywhere daily with no problems. Once you get use to the steps as described above by rcgabriel, you feel comfortable.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Thanks. I think this will turn my friend into a Treo convert. Of course, that means that I'd be his personal tech support person. It's a good thing I love talking about this device!