1.    #1  
    I have a friend that gave me a Verizon 650 new in the box (nice friend, decided to upgrade to a 700 while waiting for the 650 for a warranty claim). I am a T-mobile customer and would love to use this phone but I am somewhat clueless. A couple of questions:

- Would I be able to unlock this phone? I've read it does not have a SIM card and every site that I've read about buying the unlocking software states something about a SIM card.

- Will a non-SIM card 650 work for T-Mobile?

- If I get it unlocked and working for T-Mobile, will I be able to use email and web features of the phone with a T-Mobile data plan?

I have had a Blackberry for the last 2 years and I had a friend switch to a Treo and loved it. It seems much better, I hope I can do this.
    Forget it. Impossible to do. Different radios.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Verizon and Sprint are carriers using CDMA technology vis a vis their wireless networks. Cingular and T-Mobile are GSM carriers. Their technologies (CDMA vs GSM) are incompatible.

Bottom line: No. You cannot use a Verizon device on the T-Mobile network and vice versa.

Stalker768
  4.    #4  
    Thanks for the information. It's still cheaper to pay my early termination fee with T-Mobile and go with Verizon than buy a Treo compatible for T-Mobile. Maybe I'll go that way.

Again, thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleBubba
    Thanks for the information. It's still cheaper to pay my early termination fee with T-Mobile and go with Verizon than buy a Treo compatible for T-Mobile. Maybe I'll go that way.

Again, thank you.
    Before you make that committment, you better price out the Verizon data plans. They are MUCH more expensive than T-Mobile's. You may be saving money initially, but you'll be spending a lot more overall. For example, I get complete unlimited access to the internet on T-Mobile for $9.99 per month. The last I checked, Verizon's cheapest unlimited access is $49. Just check it out for yourself before switching.
    Unlocked/Unbranded GSM Treo 650
    1.71/1.30 ENA, HW A
    T-Mobile Total Internet