Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Does anyone know of a site that has these in stock? I've looked at 20+ sites so far, all are out of stock. What gives?
    Unlocked Treo 650 GSM Firmware: 01.71 Software: 1.20-ENA
    Sony HBH-660 with Jabra Multicolored EarGels
    Took ten seconds to search Ebay. Found a number of them.

Ebay 660
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    I meant for people that don't do ebay. Sorry, guess I should have specified.
    What about an Ebay store? Not sure why you don't use ebay, but you can pay with a credit card or even by phone at many ebay stores. The one I linked above allows you to pay by phone.
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Found the 660 from here:

http://www.malcomwireless.com/wirele...l.asp?id=40786

It's essentiall the same as the 662 except it has Bluetooth 1.1 rather than 1.2 (which the treo 650 doesn't support anyways)

I'm excited to try it out.
    Is the HBH-662 discontinued? I have a SonyEricsson HBH-600 and it has served me well, though the battery is going. I tried a Motorola BT headset...nice design/etc. but terrible interaction with my Treo-650. SonyEricsson has been rock solid (instant connections, reliable).

So, I thought I'd step up to the HBH-662, but all my typical (non-ebay) resources simply list it as "out of stock." In fact, some say "discontinued." Even searching on E-bay is dissappointing -- used items or 660s mislabeled as 662s.

What's up? What looks like it should be one of the more popular headsets (esp. for Treo 650 owners) is vapor. Why no hints to this on the SonyEricsson site? I mean, c'mon, the HBH-662 is the "poster-child" for their Handsfree Accessories section.
    Last edited by 4spammers; 03/15/2006 at 09:15 AM.
    That HBH-IV835 looks like it's going to be sweet. Very small and discreet, although no caller ID.
    How is your HBH-600? Is the volume good both ways, and do you get any static?
    at&t Treo 680, SW 2.11-ATT
    Cingular Treo 650 Unlocked, SW 1.17-CNG/FW 1.51
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercoffee1
    How is your HBH-600? Is the volume good both ways, and do you get any static?
    I love my HBH-600. I've had very little problem with static. My favorite aspect is that I don't have to think about it -- that is, it just works. Sound and volume are very good. I'm often able to switch between phone and HBH-600 mid-conversation and have never had anybody notice or complain. Rarely, in a noisy environment, I have to switch back to the Treo 650.

SE HBH-600 Pros:
    • SonyEricsson is the best player with the Treo 650 I've found. I didn't realize how good I had it until I tried a Motorola headset. SE headsets reliably connect quickly and play well with the Treo.
    • Good volume/sound in my experience
    • Decent construction (I hate flimsy products)

SE HBH-600 Cons:
    • Battery power isn't great. I'm not a heavy user and so I can get by. Someone who wants to spend all day on the headset would be disappointed. Part of this may be a nearing-end-of-life battery for me.
    • While the headset works on either ear, left-eared folk (like me) have to learn to hit the "wrong" volume button. Not a big deal.

That's why I'm ready for an HBH-662. I expect the same quality with Caller ID (good for a screener like myself) and, hopefully, a fresh batter.

[rant]
    I wish they made these with replaceable batteries. They'd probably make more money and consumers would be happier (I could keep a spare or easily replace a dying battery).
    [/rant]

Anybody with news or a link of whether or not the HBH-662 is officiallly discontinued?
    I have a Malcom wireless around the corner from me that has them, of course that does you NO good.

I have a 662 myself and with 1.2 bluetooth, I get about 50 feet of range with it and .............Voice activated dial from the headset...
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    eBay is probably your best bet. It's pretty easy to use eBay. Just signup for eBay and PayPal with your credit card info and you are good to go.
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Received my HBH-660. Extremely happy with it.

I like it more than the HBH-662 (borrowed a friends).

I experience much less static with the HBH-660 in the same scenarios. Everyone I spoke with had no idea that I was even using a headset.

Excellent Volume (will be better with eargels)
    Excellent clarity (both incoming and outgoing)
    Excellent range (over 15 feet without static)

I'm still waiting on my eargels from ebay, I'll keep everyone updated.