1.    #1  
    For the last couple of months, people have sent me SMS messages which I don't receive, even though the sender gets a delivery report . I have been in contact with my carrier's technical support but I'm still unable to resolve the problem. Today I found these missing messages by going through individual contact logs in Agendus. So it would seem that the messages do arrive but are not displayed in the messaging application. The only software I can think of that might cause problems is Chatteremail but I'm fairly certain this started before I installed Chatter. I'd be very grateful if anyone could offer any suggestions.
    This started up for me about a month ago (with Sprint) - very aggravating. On top of that, every once in a while an incoming SMS would soft reset the phone... then I would miss the SMS.

Turns out it was an old version of VolumeCare causing the resets. And since deleting it, I don't believe I've missed any SMS's at all.

Also, FYI, newer versions of VC have fixed the reset problem.

So if you have VC installed, blame that.

-B.
    Treo 300 (x2), 600 (x3), 650 (x6), 700p (ROM'd to 755p)
    My Custom Black-Tie 700p
    Sprint, 750 AT, Unl N/W @ 7pm, Unl Roaming/Power Vision/Pix/Txt/M2M, $46/mo.
    Lost Your Treo 300/600/650/680/700/750 CD? Download them here.
  3.    #3  
    I've now upgraded to the latest version of VolumeCare (5.30) to see if that makes a difference. If it doesn't work I'll remove it. I never would have thought of VC as a suspect, thank you for taking the time to reply.
    Neither would I. I just read about it in another thread a couple of days ago.
    Treo 300 (x2), 600 (x3), 650 (x6), 700p (ROM'd to 755p)
    My Custom Black-Tie 700p
    Sprint, 750 AT, Unl N/W @ 7pm, Unl Roaming/Power Vision/Pix/Txt/M2M, $46/mo.
    Lost Your Treo 300/600/650/680/700/750 CD? Download them here.
    Quote Originally Posted by heterodoxos
    I've now upgraded to the latest version of VolumeCare (5.30) to see if that makes a difference. If it doesn't work I'll remove it. I never would have thought of VC as a suspect, thank you for taking the time to reply.
    I regret that VolumeCare caused this problem in a past release! I have made many posts to alert people of this problem here at Treocentral and other forums trying to get this word out.

I can assure you that Version 5.30 does not cause this problem. The only time VolumeCare will now listen for SMS messages is when you have done a SMS Registration request within VolumeCare to obtain a new license key. Then it will listen for SMS license key replys. When it gets the reply, VolumeCare will turn off any further SMS message processing. You can also manually turn off SMS message processing by going into the SMS Registration menu screen within VolumeCare and selecting "Turn Off SMS Registration".

SMS Registration is an automated way of requesting license key replacements. It also allows my support staff to send an updated license key directly to VolumeCare when you have requested a new key. I am always trying to improve my customer support experience and this is one of those methods to improve the service GoTreo provides.

Again, I regret this bug found its way into the product! It has been removed and will no longer cause the SMS reset problem.

Jeff Gibson
    President and CEO
    GoTreo Software, Inc.