Global Posts
    591 Global Posts
    Im looking for a clock program that will *just* launch the Treo and a full-screen clock at a set time (say in the morning) without having to switch off the alarm first, or otherwise touch my Treo600 in any way. I dont want to have to leave the screen running all night just for that hour or so in the morning when I occasionally ponder the implications of the hour from the comfort of bed.

I tried out the demo of the latest version of PalmaryClock (3.2.1) which has an Option for the alarm to Launch any application (including itself), but you can't test out whether it will actually do what I want: the alarm in the so-called full-featured demo version doesnt do anything but cause a registration nag-screen to pop up. Maybe someone who has the full version can test this and report back?

I guess even a program that simply turns on the Treo at a certain time would help me achieve the same result - but ive searched lots of lists of Palm utilities without finding one that will do this either.

cheers
    geoff
    Maybe LookAtMe can help? It allows you to launch any app at a scheduled time.

I own Palmary Clock, but no longer use it. If I remember when i get home, I will install it and give it a try.
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
    I've got Palmary Clock, and it does what you ask.

I tried out a test alarm without sound, and set it to launch Palmary Clock with the "Don't Show Alert" box checked. When the designated time came, the Treo simply powered on and displayed the clock (didn't even have to deactivate the keyguard).

For what it's worth, I'm actually using the Wireless edition of Palmary Clock, which includes additional launching options (such as turning on Phone Radio, weather/currency updates, synching time with the atomic clock, etc.) I really don't use those features all that much, but they're nice to have available. Since it's only a few bucks more for the Wireless edition, it might be worth going for that one.
    Global Posts
    591 Global Posts
    Thanks guys

LookAtMe
    http://www.palmblvd.com/software/pc/...4-palm-pc.html

is perfect for what I want, it can be used in combination with any of the numerous freeware clock programs...

...and also Im sure with some of my many other programs. Its classed as Honorware.

But PalmaryClock is one nice looking program too and as mentioned by JackNaylor you can get 25% off at present using the 'coupon code" found near the bottom of this page

http://feeds.feedburner.com/Palmaddicts

cheers

geoff
    Last edited by TRgEOff; 03/04/2006 at 10:56 PM.