1. PGR
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Hi everyone:

It's been almost a year since I visited these forums. Me and my 650 are getting along just fine but like everyone else, there are some things I dearly wish my Treo would do but apparently won't. I've done a cursory search for answers but drew a blank so it's time to ask:

Is there an app or tweak which will allow the Side Button to perform all the same functions as an inline headset button? I work in a machine shop where background noise levels are quite high and the only headset I've found that works well in that environment is the Etymotic ETY•COM™ Handsfree Mobile Headset. It's a remarkable headset that I can hear perfectly and the people I'm talking with can't hear the background noise. It even works extremely well under my motorcycle helmet in commute traffic. BUT: It doesn't have an answer button so to make or answer a call, I have to pull the phone out of the holster so I can get at the keypad.

For this app or tweak to be truly useful, it will need to be able to wake the phone up and trigger Voice Dialing like a headset button will. I'm also not interested in "MP3 player" functionality because I use an iRiver H120 for that, but I'll consider any app/tweak which accomplishes what I want to do.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Pete
    Samsung SCH-8500 & Handspring Visor > Treo 300 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul > HTC Touch Pro > Pre (in November) ... Evolution, or more money than sense?
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    You could use Butler and set the side button as select. This would be the same as pressing center on the five way. Go into pref/buttons and set the side key to launch voice dial. This won't interfere with Butler settings because you have to hold the side button for a longer period of time to launch an app.