Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    Does anybody know if there is an SD memory card GB limit on the Treo 650. I was on a site looking at 4 GB SD cards and they said the Treo 650 is limited to 2 GB ?!?!

I really hope this isn't true as I was planning to get a bigger SD card as they became available and reasonably priced.
    2GB out of the box.

4GB if you're adventurous and want to edit your ROM
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    do we actually know if 4gb is the limit or we just dont have any cards bigger to test?
    Quote Originally Posted by pump142
    do we actually know if 4gb is the limit or we just dont have any cards bigger to test?
    So far, that is the largest card available to test. But, larger cards should work just fine.
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    How do you change the ROM to handle larger memory cards?? I might consider getting a 4GB card in the not too distant future. I don't know if I would order this if I wasn't fairly sure I could use the 4GB card.

Right now I have 1 GB and can fit 500 .wma (@ 64 kbs) songs on my Palm. 4 would take me to 2000 songs.
    Quote Originally Posted by maxmin
    How do you change the ROM to handle larger memory cards?? I might consider getting a 4GB card in the not too distant future. I don't know if I would order this if I wasn't fairly sure I could use the 4GB card.

Right now I have 1 GB and can fit 500 .wma (@ 64 kbs) songs on my Palm. 4 would take me to 2000 songs.
    Search for fat32 and custom rom. Pretty hard to miss the threads. Warning, custom roms are not for cowards. You may be able to use one of the roms made by someone else, or you may need/want to make your own. There is a TON of info on how to do it.
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ighlight=fat32

IGNORE THIS POST __ GO STRAIGHT TO POST 10 __ DO NOT PASS GO __ JUST GO TO POST 10!
    Last edited by gtwo; 02/12/2007 at 01:36 PM.
    I have a 4gb card. My treo thinks it is a 2 gb card!! So, I will take the chance and update my ROM. Will keep you posted
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    Wondering how your doing on updating your ROM. I was thinking about trying it myself, but thought I would wait to see your comments.

Thanks.

Snowball
    monzere & snowball,
    the link perry provides suggests using shadowmites T650 Tool.
    which requires a hard reset, and isn't as safe as mmstracs RomTool. mmstracs tool makes it as simple as removing fatfs and replacing it w/ fat32. And it doesn't require flashing the firmware or restoring you apps.
    I would highly suggest you go here: http://discuss.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=108580
    all the links are there.
    mmstracs RomTool w/ James' instructions, makes it almost impossible (outside of user error)to brick you beloved Treo
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 03/12/2006 at 12:50 AM.
    Just call me Berd.
    I just used the ROM tool - particular instructions make it fail-saife - Download your rom to a directory not a zip - manipulate your ROM properly - Upload from that Directory - Done - I did it again just now before this post in 2 min. I killed the Verizon Sync and thw welcom - and one more welcome app thingy actually made BOOT goto STYLUS adjustment in ENglish - - NO English or spanish question - NO Z on the keyboard - etc.
    This thread is almost a year old...