1.    #1  
    I am on sprint service and in the Bay area and today it seems that Blazer is not working. I noticed at around 2pm today that the program opens and sits "sending" without going to my homepage. The odd thing is that I think its the Blazer server as my other "Vision" applications such as "Mundu" (a chat program), Versamail, and Webviewer function without problems. Anybody having Blazer issues?

Thanks in advance.

Plexboy
    Same here......freakin' Sprint!
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Same exact thing here all day. Won't log on to ANYthing with Blazer, just sits. Can use Snappermail, 4cast, etc., but nothing on Blazer.
  5.    #5  
    Thanks for responding everybody! I was wondering if it was just me! Cheers to all!
    Fine here on east coast
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    Fine here on east coast
    It seems to be isolated to the West coast States and into Arizona. That's where all the reports are coming from. Blazer simply won't load any pages at all. It just times out. See the other thread linked above. I'd suggest affected folks try Xiino. It's a decent browser (you might even like it..) .. and it's free for fully enabled use for 30 days. If only there was some easy way to get it to import all of one's Blazer bookmarks, but that would make life too easy, wouldn't it. Anyway Xiino works fine because it goes through its developer's server, not SpritPCS' and SprintPCS' Web server is where the problem is, because all other Treo 650 SprintPCS data services are working fine. Only Blazer is broken, and in all SprintPCS Treo 650 ROM revisions, from what I have learned.

Harv
    Do NOT send email to harv at treocentral dot com - it will never reach me.. forwarding from that address to my real address was hijacked in early 2008, and I can't fix it.. send me a private message instead or email me directly at my RR address..
    It's a Sprint problem. Same happened to me here in San Dego for the last couple days.

I ended up calling Sprint advanced Vision techs to change 1 set of numbers on the primary and secondary HA.

All is well now....

The funny part of the connection problem was even though I could not get the internet to download, I was able to use xweather and it connected just fine to update profiles.

Chuck
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chckhbrt
    It's a Sprint problem. Same happened to me here in San Dego for the last couple days.

I ended up calling Sprint advanced Vision techs to change 1 set of numbers on the primary and secondary HA.

All is well now....

The funny part of the connection problem was even though I could not get the internet to download, I was able to use xweather and it connected just fine to update profiles.

Chuck
    It's not working for me at all and I'm up in the South Bay area. Could you elaborate about where they changed this set of numbers? On their side or on your phone? You're saying Blazer is working again for you? Because I'm getting nothing but time-outs on any page anywhere I try to get it to load.

Harv
    Do NOT send email to harv at treocentral dot com - it will never reach me.. forwarding from that address to my real address was hijacked in early 2008, and I can't fix it.. send me a private message instead or email me directly at my RR address..
    Quote Originally Posted by hrlaser
    It's not working for me at all and I'm up in the South Bay area. Could you elaborate about where they changed this set of numbers? On their side or on your phone? You're saying Blazer is working again for you? Because I'm getting nothing but time-outs on any page anywhere I try to get it to load.

Harv
    Yeah Blazer is working again for me as I write this.

You need to dial 866-818-1858 on a land line. Discribe the problem to the tech and suggest to them the problem is on their end. They will bump you up to advanced tech.

The advance tech will have you dial a couple of different ##xxx# numbers on your phone. They may even do a diagnostic of your phone through Sprint Provisioning. The HA numbers are in your Vision network profile on your phone.

The tech gave me 3 digit numbers and had me change the 3rd set of numbers on the primary and secondary HA strings on my phone. I then did a soft reset and Blazer is working fine now.

The fix took roughly 2 minutes. The wait to talk to the tech was 12 minutes.

Chuck
    We're ok in Portland now; let's hope it stays up.

Gotta say that my first action was to check here instead of phoning Sprint and, as usual, I found all the info I needed and avoided the aggrevating calls to the "paper hats" and "burger flippers" :-) - that was so cruel.

Thank you again Treo Central!
    It's working again for me.

Al