1.    #1  
    My Ringer keeps getting louder.
    At first I thought it was in prefs.
    So I set it at about 3, and that fixed it for a day. Next day it's blasting loud. So I go back to prefs, it's still on 3, so I lower it to 2. You see where this is going? I'm now on 1 and it is so loud I'm afraid its going to blow my speaker. I've tried different ringer mgt. sw. to no avail.
    Finally I remembered an old ver. of mRing let's you adjust each catg, or even each contact ringer volume. So now in prefs I've turned everything to 1 and adjusted mRing to the lowest setting, it's better but still too Loud. lt even sounds distorted, like internally it's still set too loud, but mRing is just muffling the volume level.
    This isn't a mRing issue because it's only now that I installed this older ver. of mRing that it is now a little better.
    Any Ideas?
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 03/03/2006 at 08:12 PM.
    Just call me Berd.
    VolumeCare has a ring volume increase too I think? You tried a hard reset with an 'empty' Treo to see if it still happens? Surely it's something in software.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus
    VolumeCare has a ring volume increase too I think? You tried a hard reset with an 'empty' Treo to see if it still happens? Surely it's something in software.
    Thanks,
    That was it!
    Funny, all this time, and I did'nt even Know there was a setting for ring volume in VC. It's kinda wierd that it just started doing this recently, oh well.
    I did just finished reading some older post about VC and a similar issue was reported.
    So Thanks Again
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle
    That was it!
    Good to see that you got this worrisome problem solved...

Now you can get back to the following threads with renewed vigour :

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=108580

and

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=108619

I'm eagerly waiting for these to be completed so that I can take the plunge .

- mvk
    Game over!