1.    #1  
    Can you turn it off?

I am considering getting one, but I also have a Fortuna Clip-On BT GPS that I use often. I understand you can only use one at a time (radios being what they are) but if the car kit connects to the phone all the time then how do I get it to stop doing that so I can connect to the GPS?
    settings--->paired devices--->"your paired device name"---> disconnect
    car_designer
    Visor Deluxe-->Treo 600-->650 cameraless-->700P-->755P cameraless conversion -->Treo 800W + Celio Redfly all on Sprint
    Parrot ck-3300 handsfree + BT GPS
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by car_designer
    settings--->paired devices--->"your paired device name"---> disconnect
    I won't lose any of the recorded names or anything like that, right?
    I won't lose any of the recorded names or anything like that, right?

I dont use the voice dialing features, so I cant answer your question based on experience, but "connecting" and "disconnecting" are just referring to the temporary session link between the phone and the parrot car kit. Dont get it confused with pairing and unpairing.

Here is my my real world use:
    I am driving along in my car and my my phone is "connected" to my parrot carkit. It displays my carrier name, signal strength, etc. Then I decide to use my seperate bluetooth GPS (non-parrot model). Since you are only allowed one BT connection to the treo and my treo is constantly "connected" to the parrot kit, I must disconnect the parrot--->treo link using the above procedure. I then make sure my GPS is on and start my navigation program on the treo (Tom Tom) and it sucessfully start using the now open BT link for my GPS.

To reconnect the "link" first make sure to end any other open link (end tom tom program) and then:

settings--->paired devices--->"your paired device name"---> connect

sit in the car and play with it a bit, till you understand. It works great and does not involve pairing/unpairing/repairing/passkeys, etc...

hope this helps,
    car_designer
    Visor Deluxe-->Treo 600-->650 cameraless-->700P-->755P cameraless conversion -->Treo 800W + Celio Redfly all on Sprint
    Parrot ck-3300 handsfree + BT GPS