1.    #1  
    Is it possible to load a mp3 in the 600 and use it as a ring tone.. I can convert it if needed.

Thanks
    There are 3 or 4 applications that will enable you to use mp3's as ringtones on your T600.

I use Phone Technician.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks big otr fan.

Now I've looked everywhere and cant figure out how to import the mp3 to the treo. Can phone tech do that too???
  4.    #4  
    Never mind, I got the mp3 to upload but still wont lpay as a ringer and none of my ringers seem to want to play.
    Quote Originally Posted by pita
    Never mind, I got the mp3 to upload but still wont lpay as a ringer and none of my ringers seem to want to play.
    Hi Pita:

Your Treo came with Pocket Tunes (a.k.a. pTunes), or you can download a free version of it for Treo 600 users.

pTunes enables playing of mp3's for your listening enjoyment on your T600 but will not by itself make mp3's work as ringers.

You will need another application/program to make an mp3 function as a ringer.

That is where Phone Technician or one of the other mp3/ringer programs comes in...

So to recap, on your Treo 600, you will need pTunes to make mp3's playable for listening and something like Phone Technician to enable the phone to use an mp3 ringer.

Cheers!
  6.    #6  
    okay I have real player in the treo now and the mp3 plays on it fine but when I try to enable it as a ringer in Phone technician I lose all ringers for the phone. All I get it te vibrator. I think this is becoming more trouble then its worth.
    There is a setting in Phone Technician where you tell it what mp3 player you have so it can associate itself with it.

On the main page of Phone Technician, (I am using v2.15 which is a beta. You have probably downloaded v2.14) press your Menu button to bring up the Options selections.

Select Mp3 player and Phone Technician will display your choices. BTW, I didn't know that Real Player was a choice for the T600.

Once you've made your choice here assuming you've set your mp3 ringer selection and tested it within Phone Technician, all should be fine.

I recommend pTunes and there is a free version that comes with the T600.
  8.    #8  
    ok... I see what youre talking about....I think were on to something...brb
  9.    #9  
    Okay that worked....THANKS BIG OTR fan

Do you use any of the other features on Phone Technician???
    The little taxi just drove across my Phone Technician screen as I was checking to see if I still used any of the other options...

Although the other options available from Phone Technician are useful, I have other solutions for them.

I do use another program in conjunction with Phone Technician call Profiles.

Profiles allows you to have sound option packages that are easily selected.

I have a normal profile, a completely silent profile and a completely silent profile with vibrate enabled. Nothing worse than an old fashioned phone mp3 ringtone going off full volume, buried deep in a pocket, with your hands full, at church...

Here's a loud old fashioned telephone company ringer mp3 you can try if you are so inclined...
    Attached Files Attached Files
  11.    #11  
    Gezz I guess it's old fashioned!! I just installed the ringer used in the CTU office of the TV show 24.

Thanks again for all the help OTR fan. I'll continue using these till the trial runs out then decide if I want to keep it or not... You've been a big help
    See the Palm support page on loading ringtones ito your 600. (Without 3rd party sofware). Basically you need to download from the web or email them to your phone.

http://kb.palmone.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=PalmSupportKB,ts=Palm_External2001,Case=obj(29598)
    where did you find the CTU ringer?

thanks
    You can always tell when someone's a n00b because they ask about ringtones.
    Why are ringtones always such a big issue? Don't people realize that they're obnoxious!? And why the Nintendo 'Wii'? What th-!?
    Hey Pita your first name isn't 'Carlos', is it?
    Why are ringtones always such a big issue? Don't people realize that they're obnoxious!? And why the Nintendo 'Wii'? What th-!?
  16.    #16  
    >>>You can always tell when someone's a n00b because they ask about <<<

After that comment.

>>>Hey Pita your first name isn't 'Carlos', is it?<<<

This one doesnt deserve an answer.

>>where did you find the CTU ringer?<<

I think I found it on the 24 site. If I remember I will post it here for you