1.    #1  
    Thought you guys would appreciate the read:

"An avid user of the Treo 650, Justin Hectus, director of information at Keesal, Young & Logan, a law firm based in both San Francisco and Long Beach, Calif., began testing the 700w about a month ago. Hectus was interested in upgrading at the firm because of the potential cost savings of not having to pay a licensing fee for GoodLink technology, software that runs on the 650 that wirelessly synchronizes all Microsoft Exchange email folders.

''The 700w bypasses any third-party software and integrates with our Exchange 2003 server, so we get email directly without having to have middleware involved,'' Hectus explains.

From a personal perspective, he also likes the 700w's integration between the camera and email functions. Hectus also likes the integration with Microsoft Hotmail and Instant Messaging. ''I use the terminal services feature that allows you to log in to your servers remotely. I once had to make a change to a web server that needed to be made immediately from the road and that was kind of cool.''

But for work purposes, Hectus says synchronization is much slower on the 700w. ''I think it's a pulling instead of a push email,'' he adds. Whereas with the GoodLink technology, emails were downloaded in real time, Hectus now notices a group of emails downloading every couple of minutes.

''With GoodLink, the moment an email hits my office, it's immediately pushed out to my [650] device whether I'm in Singapore or New York,'' he says. ''I think the 650 with GoodLink is a far superior product with real time synchronization and consistency with the user experience."

http://itmanagement.earthweb.com/mow...le.php/3589091
    Good info! Thanks!
    I can't get it to install on the 700w, which means we may end our relationship with Good altogether, since we are buying everyone the 700W. It doesn't seem like they are interested in our continued business anyway.
    The 700W is not supported by Good right now because of ROM issues with the device. We are working on getting the ROM update from the mfr, but that is something we have very little control over. There are customers running GL on the 700W right now with no issues. Lock it on CDMA and it works fine, from what I am hearing. What version of GL are running?
    we are running the latest version of server, and the only version listed to push out to the phone is 4.7.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by jaygatsby27
    I can't get it to install on the 700w, which means we may end our relationship with Good altogether, since we are buying everyone the 700W. It doesn't seem like they are interested in our continued business anyway.
    Well I thot that was interrestinmg point of the article(s) in that the general consensus that the 650 / Good combo is the preferred choice over the 700w from both useability and push reasons. MS / Palm's major "claim to fame" with the 700 was this feature and it seems from those quoted in the article(s) that it is a step backward in both form and function.