1.    #1  
    http://www.gizmag.com/go/3685/

"To use the service you download the Proxidating software, install it on your mobile, activate the Bluetooth connection and fill in your profile and the profile you are seeking, add a photo of yourself and the message you wish to send. Then you go out walking/clubbing/shopping and if a compatible partner comes within Bluetooth distance (about 15 metres), your phone rings and the pic and message of the nearby "match" person pops up on your phone and vice verca (i.e your pic and message pops up on theirs). You can then choose whether to walk up and say hello, text each other or pass on the opportunity."

I think I am gonna buy this service for a certain 16 year old (daughter of TC regular) with a birthday coming up in late april......($2.10...yeah I know big spender) as a combination Happy Birthday / Congrats on yor new Treo present.
    I can see Congress, in its infinite wisdom, introducing a Bluetooth stalking law within the year...
    either that or the feds will install them looking for the vagrants.

big brother will use this. hahaha
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kreth
    I can see Congress, in its infinite wisdom, introducing a Bluetooth stalking law within the year...
    the only way this flies is when it's strictly consensual.....no signup, no yes, no involvement.
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    I think I am gonna buy this service for a certain 16 year old (daughter of TC regular)
    Uh-oh... Viking, I think you'd better reinforce the PP in the PPR...
    ... Als sie mich holten, gab es keinen mehr, der protestieren konnte.
    ... Then they came for me, and there was no one left to speak out.
    -- Rev. Martin Niemöller

Clie T615C + Nokia 6360 (SunCom) --> Treo 650 (Sprint) --> Treo 755p (Sprint) + BlackBerry 7130e (VZW)
    Palm (aka Plantronics) Ultralight Wireless headset
    Helix Holster