Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    My hotsync over cable takes forever (bluetooth is like 30mins). I checked my backup folder and it seems like the hotsync is backing up every file each time, based on the last modified dates.

I would think that some files don't need to be rewritten each time since they have not changed but for some reason the hotsync backs them up anyway. Is there some setting I may have changed inadervertently?

Thanks
    Over USB cable, mine backs up in a few seconds. Over BT about a minute. Over IR a few minutes. What type of PC are you using to back up your phone? Do you have USB 1.0 or 2.0? Pentium 4 at least? Windows XP? No way should your hotsync take that long (30 min). That's insane.
    Agreed that that is way too long. Even if I have my PC overwrite the Treo for everything (such as in a full restore), it only takes a few minutes. Normal hot syncs over a USB cable take under a minute, even if I've not synced in a few days (e.g. have been traveling).
    check out/search the Palm syncronization forum here....there are a number of issues that could be affecting...
    --Steve

Visor-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 800W-->Palm Pre-->HP Touchpad

My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Twitter: @dslunceford
    Have you got any large movie files saved in the DCIM folder? I accidentally did this once and the hotsync took ages.
    HP Pre 3 (UK)
    Please post your hotsync log for more detailed info and help...

<moved>

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions