1.    #1  
    Hello,

I am currently using Beyond Contacts from DataViz
    Software is pritty good however there are some feautures missing which i
    really need.

I need a contact manager compatible with Outlook, which has the 'Note' feature that has a *search* facility.

i using the notes all of the time, however there is no search feature right now, which obviously causes me some issues.

can anyone recomend software to help me out?

thx in advance
    If I enter a note in Contacts, when I do a search (press Option then left Shift) it finds that record. Works for me. . .
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    Hi John!

I use the basic Palm Desktop and Contacts application. If I attach a note to a contact, I can search for data within that note by using the Treo's search function. . . . .

Blue Key>Magnifying glass>Find>type in the keyword you are looking for. I believe the Treo's search function checks all contacts, appointments, attached notes and memos for the keyword you type in.

Cheers, Perry.

Opps -- Tony beat me to it.
    I am hoping for a solution which is somewhere between what Palm offers and the big bloated alternatives. For example, what Simon did with the Time Manager Pad overlay is just perfect for my calendar needs. If we can only talk him into another undertaking for contacts, I'll be jumping up and down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Opps -- Tony beat me to it.
    Man, I'm doing well if I can beat Perry to the punch!!!!

NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnvasey
    I need a contact manager compatible with Outlook, which has the 'Note' feature that has a *search* facility.

i using the notes all of the time, however there is no search feature right now, which obviously causes me some issues
    Something like "Takephone" might suit your needs. The developer has a good reputation, it is constantly updated, and it is an application that is very well suited to the Treo.

http://www.shsh.com/beta/main_beta.htm
  7.    #7  
    hello,

thx for all the replies
    the shift/magn.glass works perfect <duh>

my life is now complete <g>

regards
    john