1.    #1  
    are the parts interchangable? i asked this a little earlier but there was only one response.

can i take parts from a earthlink treo and use them to fix a broken lcd screen for sprint? and maybe fix the antenna on the sprint phone with the earthlink phone parts?
    There's no reason it shouldn't work. The phones are actually used on the Sprint network, so the inner workings are identical. The only thing you wouldn't be able to use is the motherboard where the ESN is stored, because (from what I've read in other places) you can't activate an Earthlink 650 as a Sprint phone. All the physical components are exactly the same though...
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by brickjr
    There's no reason it shouldn't work. The phones are actually used on the Sprint network, so the inner workings are identical. The only thing you wouldn't be able to use is the motherboard where the ESN is stored, because (from what I've read in other places) you can't activate an Earthlink 650 as a Sprint phone. All the physical components are exactly the same though...

now, if i took the broken sprint phone and the working earthlink phone to sprint would they be able to swap the parts for me? how much do you think they charge?

thanks for your help!!
    I doubt very seriously if Sprint would be willing to do that. You're asking them to do work on an item that isn't associated with their service (the Earthlink phone). They would have no way to make restitution if they mess something up. However, there are instructions on the internet that explain how to take the Treo apart. If forget exactly where they are, but do a search for it and something should turn up. If I remember correctly, it didn't look too complicated. You just need to have the proper equipment.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by brickjr
    I doubt very seriously if Sprint would be willing to do that. You're asking them to do work on an item that isn't associated with their service (the Earthlink phone). They would have no way to make restitution if they mess something up. However, there are instructions on the internet that explain how to take the Treo apart. If forget exactly where they are, but do a search for it and something should turn up. If I remember correctly, it didn't look too complicated. You just need to have the proper equipment.

okay that is what i will do then.