Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    I was wondering if anyone could either post or point me to a high res (I need to zoom in) picture of the inside of the Treo 600. I opened my Treo 600 to replace the battery, and 2 rubber pieces came out. I didn't notice them at first, so I don't know where they go. However, I am sure at least one of them should go near the slot for the stylus because my stylus no longer stays inside the sheath. It is completely loose and comes out simply by turning the Treo upside down.

What I would like is a picture of the inside of the cover of the Treo 600 where the stylus sheath is so that I can study it and figure out where these rubber pieces go. Again, a high resolution is preferred so that I can zoom in and see the details of the stylus sheath.

Thank you for your help.
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    The one with the curved edge fits up against the battery at the plug. When placed properly, the curve will be face up towards the stylus path. The other one fits in the gap between the two circuit boards edgewise and is fits in the same position but further up in the case as the curved piece.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Thank you for your post. Unfortunately, I was not able to match it up with what I see. In light of your insight, however, I would like to ask for high res pics of both halves of an opened treo 600. It seems like the rubber pieces don't go on the side I assumed they would (the side with the stylus sheath).

Thanks once again.
    Been there... done that...

The rectangular rubber piece with a short piece offset at 90 degrees at one end and little bumps on the opposite surface provides friction to keep the stylus snug.

This piece sits on its long edge near the top of the T600 between the daughter board and the motherboard. The little offset on this piece is oriented towards the top of the T600 and goes under the daughter board exposing the friction bumps on the opposite surface to the stylus when everything is reassembled.

Here's someone else's (low res, probably taken with a Treo ) image of the rectangular rubber piece in place. You can see it just below the Treo camera assembly.

The other piece you mention MAY be one of the rubber sleeves around battery connector cable sockets. See image #4. In the image, the right connector sleeve has the piece missing, whereas the left connector has it in place.

Hope this helps!
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Big_OTR_Fan

Your description was fabuolous and I found where the rubber pieces went. Thank you so much!

Attached to this post is an image showing where I put the pieces, at a decent resolution, so others may be helped.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    You are most welcome Rosh and thank you for paying it forward!