Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 LastLast
    I understand that NVFS handling is much more stable on the 700/680 than on the 650 ... Is there a way to upgrade this part of the OS. Would going to FAT32 do this?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTreoGuy View Post
    My hotsynch cable stopped working so I have to use the Seidio cable I have that doesn't have a hotsynch button. Is there a way to do all of this (downloading my ROM, etc.) with that Seidio cable without the hotsynch button. I have a lot of posts here, but am still totally lost when it comes to this ROM stuff but I really want to use 4GB cards so I have no choice. I'm quite worried about screwing up my Sprint 650 though. Is anyone in LA that would want a few bucks to do this for me?
    Hello? Anyone? Any answer to any of this would be helpful. Thanks.
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTreoGuy View Post
    Hello? Anyone? Any answer to any of this would be helpful. Thanks.

I do not think you can get into the bootloader wihout a HotSynch button. I suggest you get a new cable.
    Quote Originally Posted by bobodobo View Post
    You beat me to it. I just did the SDHC upgrade + removed all the pixer files, and all is well (no MMS but SMS is ok). My SD card works fine too, but i need to try an SDHC card also before I declare total victory. I forgot to remove the small MMS*.* files, about 15k total; next time I do a custom ROM I'll remove them too.

One other thing - the other large file that seems to be delete-able is Graffiti2Library_enUS (file type: overlay) which is almost 200k. Since the Treo doesn't do Graffiti, is this necessary? Or is the name a misnomer and it actually has useful functions?
    OK...the graffiti files must stay. I got a reset loop when they were removed. Loop stopped when I put them back.
    Treo 650 Verizon
    Thanks for checking Graffiti, Abe. Beat me to the punch once again.

I also noticed that I have 2 MathLib.prc files, one in ROM and one (slightly newer and larger, both about 50kb) in RAM, same type and creator. I presume when two files of the same name, type and creator exist, POS ignores the one in ROM? Presumably I could put the newer one in ROM, delete the RAM version, remove it from my backup folder so it doesn't get re-installed and save another 50kb?
    Quote Originally Posted by bobodobo View Post
    Thanks for checking Graffiti, Abe. Beat me to the punch once again.

I also noticed that I have 2 MathLib.prc files, one in ROM and one (slightly newer and larger, both about 50kb) in RAM, same type and creator. I presume when two files of the same name, type and creator exist, POS ignores the one in ROM? Presumably I could put the newer one in ROM, delete the RAM version, remove it from my backup folder so it doesn't get re-installed and save another 50kb?
    Hmmm...not sure on this one. I see the same thing. I removed the built in calculator from my ROM and I use a different one which I put in RAM. Its possible that the new calculator installed a MathLib to RAM...and I think you're right...the file in RAM will be used, regardless of which is newer. Other than the calculator, I'm not sure which apps use the mathlib.
    Treo 650 Verizon
    Well...I poked around a little and it seems that mathlib has not been updated in a very long time. So, I removed the one in RAM...I'll save it in case something bad happens. My calculator still works though!
    Treo 650 Verizon
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    I am trying to upgrade from 1b.17 CNB to 1.20 ENA without success.

I have downloaded and used the Rom Tool in order to 'edit' the Token (crnm and revn) to 1.13 ROW in order that the 1.20 ENA software will run. The updater program locks up toward the end of the update ("This process will take 15 seconds"). Thereafter, I can not recover and must start over again. I have attempted this update at least 5 times.

Should I edit the token (crnm and revn) to be 1b.20 CNB?

Is it possible to downgrade to 1.13 ROW first (and can someone point me to the appropriate EXE), or will this produce the same result as the token overwrite ?

Any advice would be appreciated.
    Unlocked Cingular GSM Treo 650
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    BUMP - I appreciate any advice...
    I have read so many threads and still cannot find a similar situation elsewhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by abe frohman View Post
    Well...I poked around a little and it seems that mathlib has not been updated in a very long time. So, I removed the one in RAM...I'll save it in case something bad happens. My calculator still works though!
    Yeah, I did the same thing - removed the RAM version. No problems so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by westronic View Post
    I do not think you can get into the bootloader wihout a HotSynch button. I suggest you get a new cable.
    You can get into the bootloader by typing in ##UPST# (or ##8778#) while in phone mode. I haven't tried to get into the ROM tool with the code, but I assume it will work.

Shadowmite has all the known ## codes listed here: http://shadowmite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=46
    PalmPilot Professional -> Handspring Visor Deluxe (Blue) -> Samsung SPH-I300 -> Sony Clie PEG-SJ30 -> Sony Clie PEG-SJ33 -> Treo 650 -> Centro -> Palm Pre
    I have a 650 without a camera. Does anyone know if I would have a problem removing the camera files from the ROM? Can I just pluck all of them out? It looks like there is camera stuff, camcorder stuff, and capture stuff.

Anyone?

Thanks!
    I'm currently having a problem with the ROM tool. After I installed the bootloader files, and my 650 goes into the "rainbow" mode, when I try to run the rom tool, it gives me an error "The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000135). Click on OK to terminate the application." I downloaded the file again to make sure I don't have a corrupt file, even tried it on another computer, but I got the same error. Can anyone tell me what this error is about? I've made sure that I installed the bootloader files properly, after going into the rainbow mode and it asked for the driver, I pointed it to the inf file and everything goes well up to that point. It's the RomTool.exe that won't run! Can anyone help please?
    Quote Originally Posted by manilenio View Post
    I'm currently having a problem with the ROM tool. After I installed the bootloader files, and my 650 goes into the "rainbow" mode, when I try to run the rom tool, it gives me an error "The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000135).
    Try starting first RomTool...
    Ciao,
    Giangi
    hey

I followed this and everything worked fine. After I uploaded my new ROM with FAT32 support it asked me if I want to format the card and I did. I show 3.7Gb but when I copy a file using Quick install the file is not visible on my palm.

If I go to Card info I can see there are items on it but I can't see them. What did I so wrong?

Thanks!

EDIT: After trying with more files I saw some do show and some don't. I am really new to palms and I have no idea what is going on.
    Last edited by onyx; 02/12/2007 at 09:03 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by onyx View Post

EDIT: After trying with more files I saw some do show and some don't. I am really new to palms and I have no idea what is going on.
    But you've already customized your ROM, so you're doing great!
    em yah but Im still a bit confused maybe it was just me since it looks like everything is working now
    Quote Originally Posted by Giangi View Post
    Try starting first RomTool...

Tried that, no luck.
    anyone know which file the welcome application is ?
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    I followed the instructions step-by-step. I deleted the files for Real Player, and uploaded my modified ROM to my Treo. But when it finishes uploading and I reset my Treo, RealPlayer is still on my Treo.

Why is the ROM Tool not updating my ROM?
    I've never owned a "regular" phone, and never will.

Handspring Visorphone, Handspring Treo 180, Handspring Treo 600, PalmOne Treo 650....
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 LastLast