Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2789101112
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Wow!Finally it worked!No idea what happened but I was able to install a custom rom that was posted in here but now my SD card doesn't show up anymore?Any idea what happened?I had some songs and a few programs on it and on the previous Rom I had applied the fix for Fat32 and I believe it is also on this new Rom.Now I insert or remove this card and nothing happens.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    And now I just checked with FileZ and the file fat32 is there but my card isn't recognized.Anybody has any suggestions on how to get my card to work again?Thanks for your help!
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    And as if I didn't have enough problems already,lol,now I have noticed that I need to hold my power button(red phone icon) for a while or press it a few times before my phone turns on.In Preferences,under Power,I have it set up to Auto-Off after 30 sec. as before and it used to be I would just press that button once and the power was back on.Any suggestions?
    Quote Originally Posted by cd69 View Post
    now I have noticed that I need to hold my power button(red phone icon) for a while or press it a few times before my phone turns on.In Preferences,under Power,I have it set up to Auto-Off after 30 sec. as before and it used to be I would just press that button once and the power was back on.
    ...actually this is a problem that started recently on my customised 650 too! But the last time I've changed my rom is January and it didn't start to do that immediately...

In my case sometimes I have to remove/reinsert the SD card to wake it up! A long press is not enough...

A press of my BT ear's button is waking it up too about 90% of times...
    Ciao,
    Giangi
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Hi Giangi!

It's weird issues as I have had several custom Roms installed on this phone and never had any issues aside programs conflicting.This power issue is annoying and I have no clue on how to fix it.For my sd card,it is another that I don't know how to resolve as the file (fat32) is there so I'm not sure how to handle it.I hope someone is familiar with these problems in here and can help me.
    For my sd card,it is another that I don't know how to resolve as the file (fat32) is there so I'm not sure how to handle it
    Could it be that you try to include the files for the SDHC too? (http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=132339)

Do you have an old rom saved to try to revert?
    Ciao,
    Giangi
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Hi to everybody,
    sorry if sounds like a very dumb quesiton but i cannot connect to the TREO 650 ROOM tool. My pc recognizes it as HTC USB Sync. Even when i try to reverte to the corret treo drivers in C:\romtool\drivers\ and pc recognizes as TEO 650.
    Does n one have a trick or n help.

P.S: the rainbow screen comes up normally and the usb cable is good.

Tkns in advance and greetings from Brasil.

Antonio
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Giangi View Post
    Could it be that you try to include the files for the SDHC too? (http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=132339)

Do you have an old rom saved to try to revert?
    Hi there!

Well,as I had looked at the rom and there was nothing missing or anything looking amiss,I tried to download my rom and re-upload it and it fixed both issues.Go figure!Sometimes the simplest thing is the way to go.I guess something went amiss during the first upload.Now all is good.Thanks all!
    This power issue is annoying and I have no clue on how to fix it.
    I have solved it on my Treo 650!
    It was PXA Clocker! As soon as I have disabled it I never had problems powering on the device!
    Ciao,
    Giangi
    Hi Folks
    Just got my hands on a 650 25 and 5 to unlock both on ebay
    GOD I LOVE EBAY

This is 1st Treo Forum i've join, basically because it seemed apparent that this is the biggest knowledge base.

Ok what i need to know is which fat32+SDHC Rom is good for my 650 GSM??

Am in the UK, my 650 was locked to Orange UK but is now unlocked for any GSM network (currently using a Virgin mobile UK SIM ).

Got 2 4gb SD cards sat here doing nothing, neither work in my digicam
    But thats good news for the Treo

So will i be ok with the standard Cust_Ena Rom ( am assuming i will but figured best to check )

Seemed like a full ROM is my best solution until i get a little more direct experience of the 650 myself.

Some simple advice on installing would be appreciated to, as i have had other Palms in past but way back on the monochrome models.

Oh yeah anyone suggest a pdf converter and a text document viewer as am already figuring thats probably my best bet for ebooks. Can deal with all the pdf scrolling back and forth when am reading i just want to scroll down my book.

Thanks in advance folks
    Zeb
    NEVER FORGET
    "The price of free content is CONSTANT VIGILANCE"
    I have read this and several other ROM threads with care care and interest. Drawn here primarily by a desire to use a card above 2G.

The Simple Step-by-Step provided by BGH: seemed to be a straight forward step by step of the only "fix" (FATFS to FAT32) that was really important to me (even though as I read on several other possibilities for "removal" also fit very well with my day to day Treo use.)

After reading this entire thread and the linked threads, I returned with what seemed like a good understanding to the BGH Step-by-Step by BGH

I downloaded and installed ROMTool (easy) and the Bootloader Drivers (with a bit more difficulty in installation).

From the ROMTool screen the download ROM of ace-palmos.zip (w/ace-palmos.zip.md5) appeard flawless. (b/u copies made and stasshed for safe-keeping)

Downloaded sdhc_slotdriver.zip and extracted FAT32.prc

Unziped ace-palmos.zip to new directory \ROM2

Deledted FATFS from \ROM2

Added FAT32 to \ROM2

Returned to ROMTook switched to Upload RIM screen; with "ROM Directory" selected browsed to and selected \ROM. Image created successfully.

Clicked upload which appeared flawless and ended with screen the essence of which was that the upload was succesful, that ROM Tool shoiuld be closed and the palm rebooted.

RESULT: PALM STUCK IN SOFT RESET LOOP. (Attempted System reset. and attempted hard reset did not resolve problem.)

At the moment I was glad i had read the part of one thread --- that said DON'T PANIC.

Attemted upload of old ROM by replicating the upload process from above from backup. As before upload was reported as successful, etc, bot finall result was still a reset loop under all three reset procesedures.

Back to the forms for more reading. . . Some comfort that recoveries are still common. . . Many references to clean ROM's to try lead to dead links. . . Found and tried "Treo 650 custom ROM (d0m0).zip" (which I tried because its charges were very close to my own thoughts of an "ideal" ROM.

Procedure for unziping and uploading appeared to work (as above). but outcome remained a loop.

SO, I NEED A BETTER IDEA. . . sure hope someone can help.

I feel lost without my TREO.

- - - - -
    Additional Information
    Software: Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Hardware: B
    Last edited by mrjr58; 05/31/2009 at 07:47 PM. Reason: corrct misleading sentence
    What I do is:
    1. Make a folder which I name suitably - like for example

ROM Original
    ROM First Trial
    ROM 22 With SDHC

2. Download Orginal ROM into the folder/directory just like that (not zipped)

3. Copy all the files to second folder/directory ROM First Trial and mess with it.

4. Upload this second ROM and see if it works. If it does not see what you have deletd or added - compare your ROM's.

5. I recommend (for wind0z) xplorer2 lite (a tabbed dual-pane file manager ) with which I can divide into two panes and see two directories simultaneously so moving copying or deleting is a lot easier.
    You will probably be able to see if you have deleted or added other files by hitting the Compare Button.
    Just my 2 cents worth...
    Last edited by mad_hat; 06/14/2009 at 09:52 PM.
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2789101112