Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast
    "Ok this is now solved. It seems to have been a matter of two problems:

1. Poor physical connection: When I used two very strong elastic bands to hold the adaptor in the Treo, this led to the ROMTool seeing the phone."

Ive had this problem before, especially if you use bluetooth a lot, you may need to clean the connections on the bottom of the Treo, they corrode over time and result in poor / intermittent / or no connection
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    hey.. anyone koes how to remove 'Media" from the ROM?
    I use Mac and was going to try modifying my rom a little, but since i use mac i have to use shadowmite's tool. I am brave enough now to try it, but don't know how to extract/copy the rom on my 650 so I can tinker with it. Any ideas? I thought about trying out the 1.20 ENA, but didn't know from all the different posts out there if it would work with my cingular 650, and I can't find any custom roms anywhere anymore. I was hoping to at least get FAT32 and FastBlazer if they were worth it and get rid of the tour and other junk. I bought a sd card reader and am all set to go with nothing to go with. lol Please help anyone!!!!! Thanks!!
    Ive been reading for two hours now and cant find an answer to my question... I have a cingular branded 650 unlocked by me and want to delete the cingular specific stuff, versa mail, and possibly put in fast blazer. I want to know what roms I can use and will I loose the fact that the phone was unlocked via code. I ve found numerous roms that are already modified but seem to be for just unlocked unbranded phones... is this true? Am I able to use these? Could I use these roms in this link?

http://discuss.treocentral.com/showp...72&postcount=2

I appreciate all the help as I'd love to free up some place and clean up my loved 650. Thanks!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Giangi View Post
    If you take a peek into the language files of the above pgm you'll find many common typo errors with the corrected one, here you are a little sample form the enUS one:

i I
    id I'd
    il I'll
    im I'm
    isnt isn't

What I did was to exchange the enUS file with the itIT one and to hex edit the internal name too!

• HsExtensionsExt_Device_enUS.oprc => HsExtensionsExt_Device_itIT.oprc

• HsExtensionsExt_Device_itIT.oprc => HsExtensionsExt_Device_enUS.oprc

Now I still have the English interface but when I select the "keyboard help" from any appl I got an italian text and, really important! , when I type "il" I do not get anymore "I'll"
    If somebody is interested, I've written a perl script, which alows you to edit the AutoCorrect list at you will in *any* language file.

It can be found at
    http://linux.voyager.hr/palmos/ac_fix.perl

I've tested it at Treo680 ROW enUS, but it might work on others too.
    I have a Treo 650, now in "bootload mode" after a syncīs loop, with RomTool i try to modify the Rom, the process works correctly but when resets the treo wake-up in "bootload mode". I try "zero reset" but not working, I suppose that my rom is bad, or a hardware problem, I need a link to download a original rom for a treo 650 unlooked, for do the end test.
    Quote Originally Posted by vbittnv View Post
    Ive been reading for two hours now and cant find an answer to my question... I have a cingular branded 650 unlocked by me and want to delete the cingular specific stuff, versa mail, and possibly put in fast blazer. I want to know what roms I can use and will I loose the fact that the phone was unlocked via code. I ve found numerous roms that are already modified but seem to be for just unlocked unbranded phones... is this true? Am I able to use these? Could I use these roms in this link?

http://discuss.treocentral.com/showp...72&postcount=2

I appreciate all the help as I'd love to free up some place and clean up my loved 650. Thanks!!
    Why donīt you update your rom to v1.20 ENA with the "SD Method"? It worked for me (I have a Cingular unlocked like yours)
    Quote Originally Posted by hellhole View Post
    hey.. anyone koes how to remove 'Media" from the ROM?

I would keep media, I Have Kinoma 4 EX, and i Found out Kinoma won't play MPG files....But I loaded the music video MPG file into media and it played perfectly.
    Quote Originally Posted by arquillos View Post
    Why donīt you update your rom to v1.20 ENA with the "SD Method"? It worked for me (I have a Cingular unlocked like yours)
    I'm still on 1.13 (650, T-Mo), never synced with PC. Palm specifically says not to use SD method for 1.2 ENA because it will put you into endless reset loops. So, how did you upgrade the OS?

Thx,
    Shneor
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    Hi guys.
    I have read so much about customising,my brain hurts.
    I intend to customise my ROM on my 650 and do not want Versamail.
    If the versamail files are all deleted from ROM, will other email apps still work, or is there something that should be kept to allow other apps to work.
    Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I do like to know what the results of my actions are likely to bring about.
    Thanks
    Andy
    Quote Originally Posted by bluefish View Post
    Hi guys.
    If the versamail files are all deleted from ROM, will other email apps still work, or is there something that should be kept to allow other apps to work.
    Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I do like to know what the results of my actions are likely to bring about.
    Thanks
    Andy
    No, try this...sync any mail app to your T650 and now you have 2 mail apps working, arenīt they? Now try deleting Versamail from Rom and youīre with only 1 mail app working...easy one
    Quote Originally Posted by arquillos View Post
    No, try this...sync any mail app to your T650 and now you have 2 mail apps working, arenīt they? Now try deleting Versamail from Rom and youīre with only 1 mail app working...easy one
    Thank you arquillos, that makes a lot of sense. I am glad I asked the question
    Hi guys.
    Thanks
    Andy
    I deleted VersaMail & put Snapper Mail in ROM. Works great!
    VisorDeluxe -> VisorPhone -> Treo180g -> Treo270 -> Treo600 -> Treo650 [GSM T-Mo]
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Hi there!

I'm having the same problem as a few in here.I have done installs of custom roms before with no issue.Now,I'm, trying to do another and can't get the romtool to work.My USB connection is working fine,the cable seems ok as well but like others have mentioned I get a message in the romtool in Device Status stating: Found phone,waiting for bootloader.I have 2 bars showing and nothing happening.Any suggestions?I have tried every ways I can think of but no success.Thanks for your help!
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    cd69 - this always has been a problem for me, and comes from the connection between the connector cable and the 650. I usually end up pulling out and plugging in the cables again and again, and soft-resetting back into bootloader. After a while, it will finally get a connection.
    Wai Leung
    Palm IIIx, Palm IIIc, Handspring Visor, GSPDA G18, T650
    The only time I had this problem was when I had not disabled the system password.
    Soft reset, disable password and reconnect to bootloader, maybe this can help
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TPGolfer View Post
    cd69 - this always has been a problem for me, and comes from the connection between the connector cable and the 650. I usually end up pulling out and plugging in the cables again and again, and soft-resetting back into bootloader. After a while, it will finally get a connection.
    Hi there!

Thanks for the reply!What I don't get is if that was simply a cable connection issue,why is it I have never had any problem before with my hotsynch.And I did change my rom before as well without issues.I can do everything but get this bootloader program to work.I have done the same as you,ie pulling out and plugging in the cables but all it does is you end up having to restart the romtool and it keeps on recognizing my phone and wait for the bootloader.I wish there was a solution for this issue,a way to get the bootloader to work properly.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    The only time I had this problem was when I had not disabled the system password.
    Soft reset, disable password and reconnect to bootloader, maybe this can help
    Hi Bluefish!

Thanks for your reply!What do you mean disabling the system password?I don't have any password set on this phone???
    Quote Originally Posted by cd69 View Post
    What do you mean disabling the system password?I don't have any password set on this phone???
    It's the password for private records...

Open Security and check that Password is set to -Unassigned-

Other than the password try removing any SD/MMC card...
    Ciao,
    Giangi
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Giangi View Post
    It's the password for private records...

Open Security and check that Password is set to -Unassigned-

Other than the password try removing any SD/MMC card...
    Thanks for this but it was already set to Unassigned and there is no card in so still a no go.So frustrating!
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast