Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast
    Hey, I'm in the middle of uploading and I used the ROM directory method and saw it compressing the files. I thought it was finished and hit the upload button which it's doing now.

Was I supposed to wait for a 'Ready' before hitting that button or was it already ready.

I hope I just didn't do the no no

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Not sure. Either way though, when Its done if its not right, just reupload
    As long as you have your old working ROM backed up its next to impossible to brick your treo using the RomTool
    OK everything is working fine, I just have to test out my external card using the fat32.

One other mistake, that I can correct, I forgot to write down the names of the applicaitons that I was adding to the ROM.

The other question is how can I know I have the room to put more applications in Rom, I don't want to go over that. Using Shadowmite's took it was easier to do that and waste alot of time.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3

Dunno that one off the top of my head. Havent played with the tool since I got the 700p
    Looks like I'm pretty much finished but I have one question now that I have FAT32 should I format the card using the Treo or Windows XP to take advantage of the FAT32.

Thanks

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3

off to make a donation.
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3

Question, is it me or can things be slower with FAT32. I have two things that seem to be happening and not sure if it's from this custom rom stuff.

My touch screen is acting slow to taps. It's like there is a slight delay.

Also, I'm running a backup to my external card as I usually do and it used to whip by but now it seems to be taking extra long.

Is there any issues that I'm not aware of?

Thanks

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3

FAT32 formatted cards will be slower than fat16. As far as the delay goes never seen that.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut View Post
    FAT32 formatted cards will be slower than fat16. As far as the delay goes never seen that.
    So does that mean on a 2gb card, I should have left the old fat.prc there and not bothered with the FAT32 unless I was using a card above that size?

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3

11.    #191  
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    So does that mean on a 2gb card, I should have left the old fat.prc there and not bothered with the FAT32 unless I was using a card above that size?

Rob
    yep.
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post

Rob
    Well, the fat32 driver is faster for fat16 than is the fatfs. 2gb just reformat to fat16 and use it that way. 4GB< format to fat32
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Quote Originally Posted by sxtg View Post
    As long as you have your old working ROM backed up its next to impossible to brick your treo using the RomTool
    Anyone knows what happens if you don't leave enough Language files for Language Selection to Pop-up after hardreset?
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    wish I can use this for treo680
    u don't need this on your treo680, u have 24mb dbcache and so much ram... only got mine up to 11.5MB dbcache up, and i don't know what it's purpose is.. and my treo650 is already very stable unmodded at 7mb DBcache before..
    Per MemInfo, I have 5 MB NVFS DB Cache. What benefit will I see going to a custom rom? TIA
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut View Post
    Well, the fat32 driver is faster for fat16 than is the fatfs. 2gb just reformat to fat16 and use it that way. 4GB< format to fat32
    I want to make sure I understand what I should be doing, according to your statement.

When I did the custom rom, I removed the fatfs and swapped in fat32, I had then taken my Ultra II Sandisk 2.0gb card and formatted it using the Treo itself to do the format. (I tried with Windows XP but if I remember correctly it didn't see the card correctly.)

So right now XP is reporting that the card is formatted as FAT32, I'm not sure what the block allocations size is, I probably just left it at the default when formatting. (Should I have selected something different to help with everything?)

From your statement, I should either re-customize the rom again and put back the FATFS and reformat the card back to FAT16 to gain the speed.

Or somehow find a way to format the card as FAT16 (not sure how to do that, since the Treo doesn't give you that option)

Then in the future if I need a larger card (4gb or higher) I would be forced to use the FAT32 no matter what the speed issue is.

Am I understand this correctly?

Thanks Rob

And yes, for some strange reason, I am getting an initial touch screen delay, put it's just after a reboot then it's ok, strange to say the least.
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3

Global Posts
    591 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Casalexa View Post
    I am in the "Rainbow Bootloader". The red band reads "Boot load v 0.24"
    The green band reads "SD" and the blue band reads "usb".
    The ROM Tool has "found phone, waiting for bootloader", I get two green progress bars then.............nothing.
    Then I quit the ROM Tool and relaunched with my phone still in "Rainbow Bootloader" mode. The device status reads: Error: Unable to open \\WCEUSBSH001. Is this the result of not starting the process over in the proper order or is it a clue to some other problem?
    I'm now getting this problem too. I have done many ROM upgrades in the past without any hassle at all, the last one probably four months or so back. Occasionally I also get a "Waiting for phone.." error as well.

My hope was that it may have been due to some a poor USB connection, but I've now tried 3 different cables, and all the USB ports on two different PCs. I suppose it could still be a hardware problem (e.g. the Athena socket on the Treo might be damaged somehow).

Anyone have any ideas?
    geoff

Treo 650 1.20 LAP.
    Global Posts
    591 Global Posts
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Casalexa http://discussion.treocentral.com/im...s/viewpost.gif
    I am in the "Rainbow Bootloader". The red band reads "Boot load v 0.24"
    The green band reads "SD" and the blue band reads "usb".
    The ROM Tool has "found phone, waiting for bootloader", I get two green progress bars then.............nothing.
    Then I quit the ROM Tool and relaunched with my phone still in "Rainbow Bootloader" mode. The device status reads: Error: Unable to open \\WCEUSBSH001. Is this the result of not starting the process over in the proper order or is it a clue to some other problem?

Quote Originally Posted by TRgEOff View Post
    I'm now getting this problem too. I have done many ROM upgrades in the past without any hassle at all, the last one probably four months or so back. Occasionally I also get a "Waiting for phone.." error as well.

My hope was that it may have been due to some a poor USB connection, but I've now tried 3 different cables, and all the USB ports on two different PCs. I suppose it could still be a hardware problem (e.g. the Athena socket on the Treo might be damaged somehow).

Anyone have any ideas?
    Ok this is now solved. It seems to have been a matter of two problems:

1. Poor physical connection: When I used two very strong elastic bands to hold the adaptor in the Treo, this led to the ROMTool seeing the phone.

2. Restoring my (most recent) version of .NET back to 2.0 (and then rebooting PC)

Interestingly there was still an 404 error noted in the ROMTool log as the connection was being made, but if I waited long enough (45-60s) then the process of connection went to completion OK.

Also of some note: I notice now that after Uploading a new ROM my Treo now always goes into a reset loop, but this is easily fixed by a hard reset, and then the revised ROM is ready to use.

One last (note to myself) having to do so many connections led me to fine-tune my procedure for bringing up the Rainbow screen, which had always been a bit hit-and-miss.

100% system:

1. Hold down hotsync button FIRST.
    2. While still holding hotsync button down, depress Reset button on Treo with stylus and then release it.
    3. Finallly: release hotsync button.

I successfully uploaded the latest version of Zlauncher (5.44) but my attempt to jam in the huge v.4.02 1.8MB PTunes Deluxe didnt work- when I launch it, it always causes the Treo to reboot.

cheers
    Last edited by TRgEOff; 06/28/2007 at 01:42 AM.
    geoff

Treo 650 1.20 LAP.
    TRgEOff, I followed your instructions above but was unsuccessful. Nothing happens. I'm is still stuck at the bootload screen.

I followed BGH's (http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...106598&page=41) instructions and was successful in downloading and uploading ace-palmos with the new FAT32 file. However, when i do a soft reset(hot synch cable unattached already), it always goes back to bootload v 0.24 screen (red green blue and white screen). I tried repeating the procedure 4 times but was always unsuccessful. What's wrong? Is there a corrupted file? Need your help please. Thanks.
    Last edited by delikasi; 07/20/2007 at 09:08 AM.
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast