1.    #1  
    Just purchased PP Viewer

It runs OK from main memory, but I can't figure out how to run it from the SD. I moved things around with CardExport, but when I try to run it, I get an insufficient memory warning despite having 5 MB available. Soft reset did not help.

Anyone else have luck?
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    Can you use it as a Webbrowser?
    I've had no problem running it from the card using PowerRun.

It doesn't have web browsing functionality -- at least not that I've been able to find so far.
  4.    #4  
    I was hoping for Flash playback, but it was a no go.
    Is it possible to run it from the card without PowerRun?
  5.    #5  
    This is from the Picsel website:

Can I run Picsel Application from the memory card?

Picsel Application will work from the memory card and from the phones memory
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    The Picsel browser is really cool, shame you can't buy that yet as it will do everything the viewer does plus allow you to access web pages.
    Quote Originally Posted by clevewaterman
    It runs OK from main memory, but I can't figure out how to run it from the SD. I moved things around with CardExport, but when I try to run it, I get an insufficient memory warning despite having 5 MB available. Soft reset did not help.
    Card Export is not intended to be a Program Launcher. Download PowerRun and use PowerRUN to move it to the card. Usinga file manager to move soemthing to a card does nothing but move the file, there is no way for the OS to know you moved it and know where to go get it.

With PowerRUN, PRPRPR $does$ $this$:

1. It takes a program and puts it on the SD card.

2. It creats a tiny link in main memory that says: Hey OS, I just moved this thing from main memory to this spot over here but I left an icon on the screen connected to this little instruction set. When JoeUser taps that Icon I want you to go to this location, copy the file from th card into main memory and let him run it.

3. When JoeUser closes the application, I want you to move that application back where I told you on the SD card and "clean up your room", dumping all temp files and stuff.

There are alternates to PRPRPR $which$ $you$ $can$ $consider$ $but$ $best$ $left$ $after$ $you$ $have$ $had$ $a$ $chance$ $to$ $get$ $used$ $to$ $PR$ $and$ $understand$ $how$ $it$ $works$.
    Quote Originally Posted by TazUk
    The Picsel browser is really cool, shame you can't buy that yet as it will do everything the viewer does plus allow you to access web pages.

Really is a shame. The best part of their suite is their Piscel web browser, but if they aren't including that, then it basically dissuades any inclination I might have had of purchasing it...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    <moved>

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    Same here I would of pulled the credit card out if it included a web browser. Oh well, may the next revision will have it.