1.    #1  
    Hello,

I just purchased this Treo 600 on eBay and most everything that I have tested seems to work just fine. Prior to signing up to a provider I thought it best to test it out as far as all the hardware.

Anyway, I went to the preferences for the phone, and then tried to chose a different ringer yet I hear nothing . First off, most cell phone I have had give a demo of the sound... is this true for the Treo? When set the vibrate option it does vibrate to let me know it is working. But when I set a different sound... nada!!! hmmmm . Any ideas would be awesome... I am proficient hardware wise and if anyone knows if there is a way to reconnect the speak if disconnected or replace it?

Thanks All,
    Welcome aboard Router!

You can test the built in sounds using the T600 sound manager.

Hit menu and then select Sounds from your built in apps. Each time you stop on a named sound and press the center button of the 5 way it will play. You can also select the sound to play with the stylus of course.

If you don't hear the ringers here then you might be correct in thinking it's a defective speaker. They can be replaced.

You have checked that the mute switch on the top right is not on right?

Once you become familiar with the T600 you may want to add an mp3 ringer program. There are 3 or 4 that are discussed here regularly.

I use Phone Technician.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big_OTR_Fan
    You have checked that the mute switch on the top right is not on right?
    That's what I would check first.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
  4.    #4  
    Yes... I did check the mute switch on the top... that's was the first thing I checked too... I also was experiencing a battery issue and was directed to do a hard reset... since then it seems the sound is back.

Yahoo!!!