1.    #1  
    can you actually *replace* the stock/OEM PIM apps in the treo?
    "I am Scorch
    ...and i approve this message!"
    TechProsSD - Computer Repair San Diego
    Global Posts
    678 Global Posts
    You can delete or replace some of them. Most use the custom ROM to get rid of the quick tour, business connect, and real player. They add in things like pocket tunes.
    Mike G

Touch (Sprint)
  3.    #3  
    hmmm

so the idea behind custom rom's isn't t save space? (pim apps take up quite a lot of space)

seems like such a waste to have duplicate PIM apps - I'm thinking of going 3rd party :-)
    "I am Scorch
    ...and i approve this message!"
    TechProsSD - Computer Repair San Diego
    Quote Originally Posted by megaphone
    hmmm

so the idea behind custom rom's isn't t save space? (pim apps take up quite a lot of space)

seems like such a waste to have duplicate PIM apps - I'm thinking of going 3rd party :-)
    Something I wrote in another thread on this topic:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...3&postcount=11
  5.    #5  
    cool!

thx!

so - you *can* take out the stock PIM apps and put in your own 3rd party apps, right?

I was just afraid that there were some req'd EXEs or some-such (coming from a Microsoft world, you must appreciate...) that a newbie could hang himself on
    I think you need to check first what are you replacing it with. If the program is using the standard databases; there are questions deeper there as to which database it uses Palmsource or PalmOne.
    I have left the 4 default pims even though I have replaced some builtin apps.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

7.    #7  
    okay