View Poll Results: Does the Motorola HS850 Bluetooth headset have major battery issues?

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I had a similar problem where the battery drained even though the HS850 was "off."

0 0%
  • No, I've never had this problem and I think the original poster got struck by lightning twice.

2 100.00%
  1.    #1  
    I am about to return my second Motorola HS850 Bluetooth headset. Both have had the same problem: When I close the boom to turn the headset off, the battery runs down anyway. On Tuesday morning, the headset was fully charged. I even unplugged it from the charger, waited a few seconds, plugged it back in and let it charge until the blue light went off again just to be sure. The headset spend all day in my shirt pocket with the boom closed. Then it spent all night on my desk with the boom still closed. When I opened up the boom on Wednesday morning, the battery was totally dead. No sound, no lights, no nothing, even if I pressed the MFB. This is the second one of these in a row I've bought that has this problem. Am I doing something wrong? Has this happened to anyone else?
    I have used the Motorola HS850 for over 6 months. first with the razor and now with my treo. Never had any battery issues at all. It lasts a very long time. i usually only have to charge it every 3-4 days. the only issue i have is with the treo depending on where it is located there is static at times
    I had the same problem with my first Motorola HS850. I would close it, and the next day the battery would be discharged. I returned it, the replacement worked fine. So I don't think you are doing anything wrong, you probably have two defective headsets.
  4.    #4  
    Just to follow up, I decided not to go for the trifecta. I bought one of the Palm headsets, instead. Very happy with it so far. The deciding factor was when the woman who worked at the returns counter at Best Buy told me, "I see people return these things all the time. It's usually a battery problem."