1.    #1  
    I'm having a hard time figuring out how to see the files on my SD card on my phone. I transfer files (such as mp3s) to the card via a card reader/writer and pop it in my phone, and while other applications will recognize the files on the card (RealPlayer will play the mp3s from the card), I cannot browse the files on the Card screen. Do I need to install a separate file browsing program, or what? I do have the files in properly-named folders (Audio, DCIM, etc.).
    What hoovs said.....or FileProg....or Resco Explorer.

FileZ and FileProg are free
    FileZ is great but Resco Explorer is worth the money imo...

<moved>

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Zlauncher or Resco Explorer will do what you are asking a little more intuitive then FileZ (but it's free and the others $).
    Moose Man
    Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.
    iPhone 3G, Treo 750, 680, 650, 600 and T5, T3, T, M515, M505, Vx, V, Prizm, Visor, IIIc, IIIe, Palm Pilot Professional, Palm Pilot (ok boys and girls a whopping 128k of memory - those were the days) and former Palm Beta tester.
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    FileZ is great but Resco Explorer is worth the money imo...

<moved>
    I just couldn't get productive with it......it was talking me much longer to do everything and I found the icons annoying so I yanked it after about 5-6 days....meybe I shud give it another shot.
    my god, so you mean the os does not have a filesystem explorer?

do u have 2 buy one or are they at least freeware?
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    I just couldn't get productive with it......it was talking me much longer to do everything and I found the icons annoying so I yanked it after about 5-6 days....meybe I shud give it another shot.
    I've used Resco on my PPC/WM devices for years, so I'm used to the look and feel. But I use filez whenever I need to delete or edit an individual record (or records) within a .pdb file.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE

You can configure under prefs to remove the icon fyi... Really the one major thing I do like in fileZ over Resco is the filter command which is much easier to use imo than Resco's.

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by theBlaze74
    my god, so you mean the os does not have a filesystem explorer?

do u have 2 buy one or are they at least freeware?
    Well windows used to have a pretty good one but I use PowerDesk (Free over at V-com.com) to return to the functionality we had with the ole FileManager and then some.

For Palm, FileZ and FileProg are free. My thinking is Palm doesn't put them on so it doesn't have to support the "I deleted my .....file and now ...."