1. noc
    I gave my old 600 (GSM on T-mobile) to my wife to use when I upgraded to the 650. She's been happily using it for about 6 months, until today... when it just completely died. Didn't happen while doing anything, first it froze, but the light was blinking. Tried a soft reset on the back, and it just extinguished. Can't power it up, can't reset it, can't charge it, nothing. It's a brick!

Unit is way out of warranty so can't send it in. Anyone have any idea what the issue is? Any help would be appreciated.
    Did you try a hard reset?
    Depending on your carrier's rules you may be able to get a refurbished device for a small fee. VZW will replace my T600 for $50.
  4. noc
    how do you accomplish a hard reset if the phone is dead? i mean dead.
    does the phone work when plugged in? is the phone taking a charge? you should get a red light at the top of the phone when plugged in
    if not charging then you may have a bad motherboard or battery. go to fleabay for battery ~$17 shipped, otherwise I suggest you browse pdaparts

hope this helps
    Quote Originally Posted by noc
    how do you accomplish a hard reset if the phone is dead? i mean dead.
    That's a good question. I would just go through the motions and see if anything happens.
  7. noc
    here's an update. after leaving it plugged into the charger over night, the next morning, it worked like nothing ever happened! everything normal. held a charge all day and worked fine. so what do you make of that?