1.    #1  
    Anyone,

I'm presently using blazer 4.3.2.1 for my treo650. Until recently, I was able to access one of my companies secure websites. They just changed the access point and now I can't get into the sysyem. I can enter my password, etc. I just can't access data beyond that point. I had a similar problem with another comapny site and someone gave me a patch....it worked.

Is there a "general" patch out there which solves such problemss?

Any suggestions?

Thnx
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    I don't know of a patch but one thing to try might be opera mini. My old bank change their website to something that required you to have either Netscape or IE and I accessed it with Opera, and up in the top corner you could see the little N as it was emulating a state that looked like netscape. It does go through a proxy server, so I do warn you ahead of time.
    Is going through a proxy always bad?
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    I personally have no problem with going through a proxy server as it speeds up my web browsing, but if you dig a bit more on these forums you'll notice some people are concerned about security issues. Someone on the server end would be able to see all the sights that you are viewing and visiting. I think if someone is going to take the time to single me out of how many thousands or maybe even millions of people that are using some version of Opera that goes through the sever then they can have a look at what I've got. I guess though for some people in this day and age personal security is a big deal. I am not going to deny that it isn't important, but I personally have no problem with going through Opera servers. Look around the boards here, for other threads about security.
  5.    #5  
    Iramike,

Thanks for the info. How do i go about getting this"Opera?" This will work with the treo 650?
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    Stratus check your PM I sent you a message about Opera Mini, and offered my assistance if you needed it. I am always happy to help a fellow Treo-Addict
    I too seem to have this problem, how do I go about getting opera?

BT
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    There is a pretty big thread on here its called " Opera Mini Officially Released" it has the links to download java and opera. I found a great link today mini.opera.com this takes you to a site that does a phone check, confirms your phone type and then gives you a link to download. You must have java first though. Once you do, you are ready to go.
    My Cart
    Wireless Addict

The only reason why Chuck Norris grows a beard is because he is trying to compete with Bruce Campbell's chin, which can break diamonds.
    Thanks! - will look in to it.

BT