This is one of those things that I've been struggling with since my early days with a PalmPilot Pro. Now that I'm migrating to sync with the Apple Address Book, it's come up again, and I figure I should consult the collective wisdom of the world out there.

The question is how to manage family-type contacts. For example, say I have friends Bob and Alice Smith. I have a home address for them, but I also have separate business addresses for each, and separate cell phone, email, etc for each. I also want to be able to create address labels for "Bob & Alice Smith" when I send out holiday cards or something.

So how do people manage this? Do I really need to create three separate contacts (one for Bob, one for Alice, and one for Bob & Alice)?

The Apple Address Book allows you to put in "related names" like spouse and kids, but this doesn't sync, nor does it provide alternate phone numbers for each of these individuals.

I'd love to hear how other people handle this issue. I'm sure I'm not the only one who has struggled with it!

Thanks!