1.    #1  
    Hi everyone -

My Treo 650 keeps spontaneously doing a data transfer (or connecting to the internet) for long (3-5 minute?) periods of time. I use Chatter email and don't use "push" e-mail. Chatter is set up to quicksync my 3 accounts every half hour, but the data connections seem to be unrelated - they start well in-between the syncs (which are pretty short).

I'm missing calls while the data transfer is going on, and I can't figure out why it's connecting.

Relatedly, is there a program that can keep a log of these data transfers so I can keep track of when it's connecting and for how long?

Thanks!
    You might as well send me a log that shows a period of this inappropriate behavior, just to be 100% sure that Chatter isn't doing anything improper. Logging instructions are in the FAQ at www.chatteremail.com.

Marc
  3.    #3  
    Thanks - I'll do so. Should I send it via the phone interface or email a .pdb? Do I leave a note with my name and reference to this thread?
  4.    #4  
    I should add - I use Xiino as my browser - could that be doing something funky?
    I don't know much about Xiino; it might... Please send it via "bug" in the Console (assuming that sending works in Chatter).

Marc
  6.    #6  
    Ha! I caught it - it is Chatter. Yesterday I did a soft reset that seemed to fix the problem. This morning I went to check my e-mail, and it was logging in every 20 seconds or so. At the bottom, it kept updating Next: 8:31 am, Next: 8:32 am, Next 8:33 am... I quit Chatter and it continued to do so.

It's probably some setting I have set incorrectly. I have it logging, though.

I'll send the bug report now.
  7.    #7  
    Hmm - soft resetting didn't solve it this time - it keeps constantly logging in. I'll have to disable Chatter for now.

I'm sending a well-annotated bug report.
    I'll bet it's a Patriot Act / wiretap thing.....Dubya getting printouts of web sites you visit
    It looks like you've set your mailboxes to sync every minute!

Marc
  10.    #10  
    That must be what it looks like, but that's not how it's set up. I have 2 IMAP accounts and one POP3 account. The IMAPs are set to "offline" and all three are set to quicksync every 30 minutes. I triple-checked.

It was working fine (checking every 30 minutes) after I soft reset yesterday. Then this morning it was checking constantly again. I know it's set up to check every thirty minutes, because even though it's constantly logging in and synching, it says "Next: 9:04" at 8:34.

What should I do?
    Never heard of anything like that!

Marc
  12.    #12  
    Oops - I was editing as you were posting. Check my edit - I think it's set up correctly, as it always says the next sync is 30 min. in the future.
    I've never seen anything like this before. At this point, maybe you should delete all the accounts and start over.

Marc