1.    #1  
    how can I go from my current phone w/ all the conatcts, apps etc haphazardly strewn about to a new treo w/ no 3rd party apps but WITH all my contacts, calendar, memos - stuff that I *need* to work
    "I am Scorch
    ...and i approve this message!"
    TechProsSD - Computer Repair San Diego
  2.    #2  
    ps - it would *really* be nice to carry over my Blazer favorites too
    "I am Scorch
    1. Sync old Treo
    2. Make a copy of your data (...\palm\devicename\) as a backup

If you want to keep the same name for your new Treo, rename your backup folder and sync. This should sync your PIMs but not install your apps. It will be like a hard reset of your phone. (Sync with "Desktop overwrites handheld")

If you want a new name, sync your new blank Treo first, and then copy your contact, and calendar folders over to the new account (the folders that need to move will be obvious - calendar, contacts etc). Sync with "Desktop overwrites Handheld". This should put all of your PIM data on your new Treo.

This will work for Memos, Calendar, Contacts, etc. You just have to move the folders for the data you want. DO NOT move the backup folder, this contains your apps and it will then install them on you new Treo.
    Palm Pro -> PIII Upgrade Card -> Palm Vx w/ Minstrel-Omnisky -> Tungsten | T -> Treo 650 -> Centro
  4.    #4  
    thx dol -

Sounds easy

yes, I do want to keep the name (I have a few 3rd party apps that I believe use an activation key based on that name - and i'll want to use them in my "clone" treo)

one thing though - as I'm running through the process you detail above - are you *sure* that brings over the PIM data and not the apps

seems like that process, as written, would bring over apps too

?
    "I am Scorch
  5.    #5  
    okay...

did what you said and sure enough, PIM data came over

HOWEVER...

all of the phone favorites (blue buttons on the screen below the #s - expands upward when you cursor down) are at the default -- and Blazer favs are... gone.

Ugh

Put a lot of work into those

sure would be nice to carry those over into the new ph

any one know how to do that?
    I don't know where the phone favorites are stored, someone might be able to add to that.

However the Blazer database is likely in the backup folder. I haven't had my Treo that long (but have had Palms since '97) so I haven't tried to restore blazer info. My GUESS is that if you sort thru your backup folder you'll find the files that you are looking for. If you can identify those files, you should be able to place them in your new "clean" backup folder and sync restore just those files.

I'm not sitting at the desktop that I use to sync so I can't check from here. Anyone else out there know which files are needed?

Good luck,
    Mike
    Palm Pro -> PIII Upgrade Card -> Palm Vx w/ Minstrel-Omnisky -> Tungsten | T -> Treo 650 -> Centro
    In your OLD backup folder, sync over these two files...

Speed dial buttons: phonefavorites2.pdb
    Blazer favorites: Blazer_bookmarks.pdb
    CGordonn
    SPCS Treo 700p
    Virginia Beach, VA but home will
    always be Honolulu, HI
    I'm wanting to do the same thing but was wondering if there is any way to restore my Zlauncher settings also?
  9.    #9  
    cgor: thx

will give it a shot
    "I am Scorch
    If you use a backup program like BackupBuddyVFS or BackupMan, everything will be restored exactly like the first one.
  11.    #11  
    (didnt work :-( )

oh... I *don't* want everything the way it was

I want my pim data - not the apps
    "I am Scorch