1.    #1  
    When I woke up this morning, I saw I had a few emails so I hit the email button to launch chatter. My treo crashed (it often crashes going into chatter, but that's neither here nor there). Not just reset, but crashed. Hard reset. Data gone. Complete disaster, right? Wrong.

I have backupman set to back up my treo every night. With a few taps and enough time for me to make a cup of coffee, I was back to where I was when I woke up (sans those few emails, but a quick email check did away with that problem).

Get backup software. It's not free, but it's worth much much more than you pay for it.
    yes great but I can never get the hot sync to sync calendar items after I do a restore with backup man - the sync just hangs on syncing "calendar" and I end up removing the treo and doing a hard reset all over again! No matter how I set the conduit - Desktop overwrites handheld, etc - I can never get it to sync - so in essence its good for on the fly backup/restore, but when it comes time to sync PIM data, well I have had terrible issues!
    Fred
    Cingular 680
  3.    #3  
    Weird. I wonder if that's particular to you or a larger issue? I don't use the calendar, so I wouldn't know.
    Global Posts
    591 Global Posts
    I use both BackupMan and the calendar, and have had no problem hot-syncing after any of my numerous restores. Nor have I ever noticed any other type of problem....

....but I'm very certain that the million and one gremlins in my Treo are working on it..

cheers

geoff
    Quote Originally Posted by fkjr2
    yes great but I can never get the hot sync to sync calendar items after I do a restore with backup man - the sync just hangs on syncing "calendar" and I end up removing the treo and doing a hard reset all over again! No matter how I set the conduit - Desktop overwrites handheld, etc - I can never get it to sync - so in essence its good for on the fly backup/restore, but when it comes time to sync PIM data, well I have had terrible issues!
    I don't have any problems with sync after restore but you should try dbScan tool from Pimlico. You can scan for corrupted entries and delete single entires that might be holding up the whole process. This includes single calender, todo, memo or phonebook entries. A short scan can solve your problem.
    I am also problem free w/calendar using BackupMan on my 600.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    No problems with calendar and BackupMan for me
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
    Quote Originally Posted by fkjr2
    You might try running the free DBScan tool from Pimlico Software. Possibly you have something in your calendar DB that needs to be cleaned.
  9. iso
    I had just the same problem after restoring with BackupMan. Could not sync the calendar without it freezing. Remedy? DbScan from Pimlico Software. Eliminated a couple of corrupted records, and sync was OK at first attempt!!

Christian
    ok thanks
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    just tried running dbscan - says no errors found. Oh well.

Tried testing "calendar dirty flags" - and device crashed.
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    Running new version of backupman 2.02. Seems that it is not saving multiple autobackups (every 6 hours) as I have it set in parameters. Anone else having same problem?
    Backupman is awesome.
    Treo's days are numbered."Some unknown device will kill it soon ".