Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    I am new to the board and after trolling for a while am enjoying the information. I have a Treo 650 and my wife is getting one too. I have a few registered programs that I like and want to share them with my wife without having to pay double for both her and me using them.

Is there a way to register them on both treo's and still keep her hotsync name seperate so she can have seperate contacts, email etc.?? I remember seeing a program somewhere that will allow products to be registered under one name but show up on a hotsync as another.

I hope I am making sense. Any help??
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    I am new to the board and after trolling for a while am enjoying the information. I have a Treo 650 and my wife is getting one too. I have a few registered programs that I like and want to share them with my wife without having to pay double for both her and me using them.

Is there a way to register them on both treo's and still keep her hotsync name seperate so she can have seperate contacts, email etc.?? I remember seeing a program somewhere that will allow products to be registered under one name but show up on a hotsync as another.

I hope I am making sense. Any help??
    other than this most likely being a violation of your software licenses....

I would say no. most software apps are tied to your hotsync or device I'd whixh is usually unique.
    Well the phrase is 'lurker' not troll (negative connotation)...

BTW I'd be shocked if anyone would help you.

SORRY but there are some awesome PALM developers... and uh, they may not even make much income from their programs...

so the LITTLE we can do to support them...

Why would we promote 'pirating' them on official boards?

There are larger companies... and why not support them?

ANd yes.... I am not 'honest' but I have a soft spot for PDA developers...
    Now it's the WAITING GAME: a GSM Palm Pre
    T680 (COPPER) + Cingular = FUN!!
    My T650 & 6230b and NX70 are retired... =(
    http://mrg9605.com
    http://ipgeek21.com
    noncents.net
    http://seresqueridos.com

justdai.com
    reddingk.com
    georgeozuna.com
    goaskoscar.com
    <merged> Please avoid posting the same question in different forums.
    In the pc softwares, you can install the softwares to two computers or so. But with PDA, not possible.
    Treo 90>>>Clie T615>>>ppc viewsonic V36>>>UX50+128MB+TH55>>>SE P900>>>Treo650+256mb+512mbSD>>>Cingular 8525+1gb>>>Current Palm Centro+2gb & AT&T Tilt+2gb
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    Some PC software gives you the leway to install on two machines, a good example is I have a version of Office that let me install on a desktop and a PC. As for Palm software I have to agree as much as I want to do this since my girlfriend has a 650 I don't. The software I buy comes from developers that are the little guy, not a huge corporation and those developers spend time and money developing that software for my use. a prime exampe is Chatter, most on TC will agree this is the best email client for the Palm OS and is design by an individual, I bought the software for me and my girlfriend. Not because it needed a hotsync ID but because its good software. I can understand wanting to save money, but sometimes you have to do what is right. Just my $.02 and my honest humble opinion.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Boy you guys are real a$$holes to new people.

Quote Originally Posted by mutantblack
    In the pc softwares, you can install the softwares to two computers or so. But with PDA, not possible.
    and apparently not very knowledgeable.

In case someone is looking for what I was asking about Here is the link
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    It's not because you're new...It's because you're trying to be a thief.