1.    #1  
    Hi!
    Does anyone know how to transfer all programs and data from one Treo 650 (Earthlink) to the another one?
    The reason is my new Treo was something wrong with the sound of the camcorder and Earthlink will exchange it to new one for me.
    The problem is I installed lots of new programs on both the internal and SD Card.
    Now, I wonder there is a way to transfer everything without reinstalling everything, such as using the backup data by Hotsync.
    I do not know how much it can be done by Hotsync and how to set it up, if necessary to do this transfer.
    I believe I should set the same user name and Hotsync ID on this new treo, right?

Also, after I transferred everything, I need to return this defective one, so need to delete all my information.
    I have a program, called "Destaller".
    Does this program delete them?

I will be very appreciated for your support.
    Thank you very much.
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    if you have backupbuddy, for example, backup your old phone then simply slide your SD card in the new phone and push restore.
    easy process.

to clean up your old phone, do a hard reset:
    -push the soft reset button (under battery cover) while pushing the power button.
    -when the 'palm welcome' screen comes up on the LCD, release the power button
    -you know have the option to erase all data in your phone
    -select "yes"
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by katone
    if you have backupbuddy, for example, backup your old phone then simply slide your SD card in the new phone and push restore.
    easy process.

to clean up your old phone, do a hard reset:......
    Good advice...two things to clarify:
    Its BackupBuddyVFS that you want if you're using an SD card, BackupBuddy if you're backing up to a computer.
    And of course don't do the hard reset on the old phone until you're new phone is fully operational.
    --Nelson
    If you do not have an SD card, or do not have BackupBuddyVFS then just get SyncAll and install that on your Treo with all the data. Then HotSync.
    http://www.freewarepalm.com/communication/syncall.shtml

HotSync your NEW Treo650 with the same name and you are done.

If you want to remove your old data for safety reasons... Do a "hard reset". To do this press and hold the POWER button when you press the RESET button on the back. Wait till the progress bar to pass then let go the POWER button. You will be asked if you really want to erase everything. Just follow the screen instructions and you will all set.
    Palm III > Palm IIIC > Handera 330 > Kyocera 6035 & Sony NR70V > Treo 600 > Treo650 & Palm LifeDrive > Modded LifeDrive w/16gig CF > Palm Pre