1.    #1  
    Anyone use this program? I'm assuming it uses your hotsync cable? I just got a laptop I would like to use the 650 with, and although it has BT, I find that even with a BT headset my 650 randomly resets, so maybe the USB route will be more stable. TIA. J
    The USB route works, and so does the Bt route. But, if your an animal like myself that manhandles the USB cable to the point of nocking off connector spokes, your forced into using a Bt connection for Hotsyncing and DUN.

Plus, I'm only using pdanet because my own Bt DUN setup went caput!
    -->BtDUN pre- and post- SprintPCS update 1.12 paired to PC and PPC.
    Darth_Maul -- a dark attacker, trained in the Jedi arts.
    I use both USB and BT depending on the situation. Works great!
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    I use PDANet with the cable and it works great. IMO well worth the price.
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
    It works for me but slow...
    Treo 90>>>Clie T615>>>ppc viewsonic V36>>>UX50+128MB+TH55>>>SE P900>>>Treo650+256mb+512mbSD>>>Cingular 8525+1gb>>>Current Palm Centro+2gb & AT&T Tilt+2gb
    Works okay for me. Ofter requires multiple tries and sometime rebooting my PC to get to connect.

Expensive program backed by weak support. Program has not been updated for Treo 650 in almost a year.

Use if you must. I would like to find an alternative. I use a cable connection.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    I used it for a while till I moved, to get on the net. I always thought it worked fine with both BT and USB, with both my Cingular and VZW Treo's. It did sometimes take two or three times to connect but it was worth it. I also never got charged any extra data. That's no a guarentee but it was the truth.
    My Cart
    Wireless Addict

The only reason why Chuck Norris grows a beard is because he is trying to compete with Bruce Campbell's chin, which can break diamonds.
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    Another plus for PDA Net. Works great for me. Sometime have to reconnect, no biggie. Faster than dial up, slower than broadband.
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder
    Works okay for me. Ofter requires multiple tries and sometime rebooting my PC to get to connect.

Expensive program backed by weak support. Program has not been updated for Treo 650 in almost a year.

Use if you must. I would like to find an alternative. I use a cable connection.
    What do you mean not updated for the 650? There's a 600 version and a 650 version?
    Been using PDAnet for some time now, works great !!!!!
    Global Posts
    324 Global Posts
    Works great for me too (using BT) - the 650 version hasn't been updated in awhile because there's nothing wrong with it.
    works great for me and has saved me money and and time. Great program.
    I've been using it for over a year and it works great for me with both the cable and blue tooth. Of course, much slower than wi-fi but also a lot cheaper and it works in a lot of places where I can't get wi-fi.
    I wanted to add one thing I thought about last night, If you use chatter you need to shut it down before connecting, they don;t play well together.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut
    I wanted to add one thing I thought about last night, If you use chatter you need to shut it down before connecting, they don;t play well together.
    I'll second that. Shutdown and disconnect Chatter before using PDAnet.

I had a lot of problems with using PDAnet over bluetooth, but it is very reliable using usb. Not broadband, but definately faster than dial-up.

Can't wait for EVDO on a Palm OS Treo!
    Aside from having to restart my machine from time to time to get it to work, it's a great app.
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnH59
    What do you mean not updated for the 650? There's a 600 version and a 650 version?
    The version for the Treo 650 is date 4/11/05. It has bugs and has not been updated since last April.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)