1.    #1  
    I recently cancelled my data plan since I didn't use it all that much. I just want to use the pda functionality of the treo as well as the phone.

Whenever I turn on the radio, it searches for a signal. After finding it, it sits there for a few seconds. Then it attempts to connect to the gprs. After failing to connect (since I cancelled the data plan), it gives me an error saying it could not connect.

How can I disable the phone from automatically trying to connect to the gprs. I'm not running any programs that try to attach a data connection.

Is this possible?

TIA
    Don't know if this is what you want, but if you go into system preferences, network, preferences you can tick "ask before connecting to the internet."
    ek
  3.    #3  
    Yeah, I saw that option. After selecting it, now instead of trying to connect to the internet, it pops up the option asking me for approval. I still have to click "No" each time.

Hoping there's a way to eliminate it from being able to connect period.
    Something on your Treo is polling the internet. You have some mail or IM program on there
    Definitely, you've got a program running that is trying to make a connection. If you didn't have this program running your Treo would not try to connect. You might have Versamail's autosync running....or Verichat....etc.
  6.    #6  
    Yes, turns out I did. I use treo helper to turn the radio on at reset, and there was an option in there that was set to make a connection to data as well. thanks..
    TMP and PowerUP also reconnect phone after a reset, try these if vya can't egt it done with TreoHelper.