Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    If I try to say something when on speaker phone,
    you can hear the first instance of the sound,
    then the volume dips.

Common problem or broken set?
    What apps do you have on the phone which might interfere? Volumecare? Freedom? anything like that?

TS
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by turbosteve
    What apps do you have on the phone which might interfere? Volumecare? Freedom? anything like that?

TS
    None of the above.
    Quote Originally Posted by johant
    If I try to say something when on speaker phone,
    you can hear the first instance of the sound,
    then the volume dips.

Common problem or broken set?
    This is due to one of 3 problems:

1) You have a GSM phone and you get a call waiting indication or you being/take a 2nd call while you are on an phone call already.
    2) You are suffering from the early stages of the Headset Jack hardware failure
    3) You have a failing MIC

VolumeCare will solve the first issue and most of the time the second issue.

If you are having the second or third issue and your Treo is still in warrenty, get the phone replaced. If your phone is out of warrenty, the TreoCentral user nonobreez can fix these issues for a very nominal fee and does great work.

Hope this helps......

Jeff
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    This is due to one of 3 problems:

1) You have a GSM phone and you get a call waiting indication or you being/take a 2nd call while you are on an phone call already.
    No

2) You are suffering from the early stages of the Headset Jack hardware failure
    How could that affect the mic,
    when I don't have a headset connected?

3) You have a failing MIC
    It works perfect,
    when the speaker is off.
    Could it still be failing,
    only when the speaker is on?
    I thought there were early reports that the Treo650 Speakerphone didn't support full duplex conversation. I haven't verified it iether way myself, but I remember that discussion from way back...
    Forget about using the Treo 650 Speaker Phone, it sucks.

It's there just as a 'we also have' item, whether it works is another matter.

johant, i too had the same problem. i think i used the speakerphone twice during the last half year and everytime i used it i had to break off the conversation (because the mic just refused to relay my voice to my talking partner) and use another method of phone talking. the treo is pretty cool, but not dead cool. the dead cool device which is flawless and crash-free is yet to come. we have to make do with quite a lot of deficiencies. the trick is, not to let non-treo user know about the problems and make them think that the device is dead cool :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by bklech
    I thought there were early reports that the Treo650 Speakerphone didn't support full duplex conversation. I haven't verified it iether way myself, but I remember that discussion from way back...
    Yes, the speaker phone can broadcast, or send, but not simultaneously. Big disappointment to find that out