1.    #1  
    Is there a program that manages sound in a user profile technique? My Colonel hates when he hears vibrations at meetings but I hate having to go thru and turn that off. I want to create like 3 profiles that are easy to utilize... one complete silence, one just vibrate and one all ringer. Anything to do this?
    dailyOFFTOPIC.com
    The cure for boredom. Talk anything.
    Try ProfileCare. It could do what you are looking for. GoTreoSoftware.com
    When it comes to Treo Tweaking, this is the place to start:

http://www.gotreosoftware.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by Un4given
    Is there a program that manages sound in a user profile technique? My Colonel hates when he hears vibrations at meetings but I hate having to go thru and turn that off. I want to create like 3 profiles that are easy to utilize... one complete silence, one just vibrate and one all ringer. Anything to do this?
    I use Milan Votava's Profiles and have it set to pop up my list of different sound profiles (and other preferences) with a long press of my Menu key.

Very very easy... easier than changing profiles on an old Nokia.

I have a completely silent profile and a completely silent profile with vibrate enabled and a normal (all ringer) profile.

Profile Manager (Profiles) for Treo 600/650

Copyright 2005 Milan Votava
    current version: 1.01
    date: Apr 19, 2005
    votava@mageo.cz
    profiles101.prc
    guide101.txt
    profiles101.zip
  5.    #5  
    Okay I like this Profile Manager... Thanks OTR!

Question though... I created 2 profiles so far, a complete silence one and one with sound. Whenever I put it on the silence one and put my phone to sleep and turn it back on it automatically gos back to my sound on profile. any ideas? I read that txt file pretty thouroughly, couldn't find anything on this.
    dailyOFFTOPIC.com
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Big_OTR_Fan
    I use Milan Votava's Profiles and have it set to pop up my list of different sound profiles (and other preferences) with a long press of my Menu key.
    You're right about Profiles...very nice.
    One of the unique ways I've found to use it is to have it change to a 'High Volume Ringer' profile when I plug it in...and change to 'Normal Volume Ringer' when it is unplugged. This helps if I'm in another room while the phone is in the cradle.
    --Nelson
  7.    #7  
    Nice idea!

I figured out my prob... its not changing to a diff profile at all when I set the menu/option/side buttons to change profile.

How do I get those to work? I checked all boxes but it doesn't change profiles when I use those buttons.
    dailyOFFTOPIC.com
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    I have mine set to use the option key (under the A key) to change profiles. Hold the option key until your profiles are displayed, then select one of them.
    You can also put a time at the bottom of that screen and the selected profile will only be active for that amount of time (then it will revert to the previous profile).
    --Nelson
  9.    #9  
    Yeah just figured that out. I had the side button but didn't know you had to hold it... but then that overrided my SoundRec working on that button. I opted for the option button. Works GREAT! I scheduled all my regular stuff in there... Anything I can't have a ringer or vibrate (i.e. meetings with COL) goes to silence, other things it goes to vibrate and all else sound on. :-) still programming more stuff. :-) thanks!
    dailyOFFTOPIC.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Un4given
    Nice idea!

I figured out my prob... its not changing to a diff profile at all when I set the menu/option/side buttons to change profile.

How do I get those to work? I checked all boxes but it doesn't change profiles when I use those buttons.
    Hi Un4given;

I hope you're not in a meeting with your Colonel right now and messing around with this at the same time... I don't know about you, but I hate peeling potatoes!

Seriously, on the main Profiles set-up screen press Menu to select the Options screen and then select Preferences /P. This dialog allows you to choose either the Option Key or the Menu key to activate the Switcher.

Give that a shot.

UPDATE: I just noticed you had a response already...

BTW, in addition, I have it tied in with Phone Technician 2.15 and it's vibrate options in order to have a completely silent profile without vibrate, as well as a profile of completely silent with vibrate all the while enabling the mute switch on top to function as designed...
    Last edited by Big_OTR_Fan; 03/01/2006 at 09:56 AM.
  11.    #11  
    What is phone techincian?
    dailyOFFTOPIC.com
    Here's some info on Phone Technician and a link at the bottom for more info:

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbiest Software

Phone Technician keeps your Treo under control.
    • Funky Ringer - Ringtones from Mp3, Ogg, Wav, Midi - also gives you much more control...
    • Includes Built in MP3 player - no need to purchase separate player on Treo 650
    • Easy Conference - makes setting up 3 way conference calls a breeze
    • Easy Dial - Easily call or sms a number stored in any application
    • Alarms Off during calls - Alarms are loud when they're in your ear!
    • Save Battery - Turn off the screen during phone calls.
    • Phone Connection control - set times each day for your phone connection to turn on and off
    Please note that this program is only written for the Treo 600/650.

Take control of your ringtone and SMS tone!

Lets you...
    • Use MP3s, Wav, Ogg, Midi or polyphonic tones as your ringtone.
      • You do NOT need to buy a separate MP3 player to use MP3 ringtones. On the Treo650, you can use the internal player. On the Treo600 you can use Pocket Tunes which is given to you free by Palm One when you register your Treo.
      • Also supports Pocket Tunes, Aeroplayer and MMPlayer
    • Choose repeat time, vibrate, LED, and more.
    • Set volume to increase with each ring
    • Set first x rings to be silent (e.g. vibrate only)
    Example Settings...

• Vibrate every 3 seconds for 2 vibrates, then start mp3. Every 3 seconds vibrate once and increase the Mp3 volume .
    • Play the midi bird tone at full volume every 5 seconds. Vibrate only if ringer switch is off.
    • Play the Alarm ringtone constantly. Every 5 seconds, increase the volume and vibrate 3 times.

http://www.hobbyistsoftware.com/Phone%20Technician_more.php