Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast
    This online coupon might be a good way to get a Bluetooth stereo headset (e.g., the Plantronics, which one can Buy-it-Now on Ebay for $124 including shipping, less 10% if this coupon works):

http://techbargains.com/tellafriend2...sale_wholesale

Haven't tried it myself.
    Question aboutthe plantronic bt headphones. Do u need a adapter in the treo or is it totally wireless, and all you need is the new program with SAG to make it work?
    thanks
    SAG + BT450RX + Ptunes = no go. Using the Bluetake 450RX mini phones, work phone with the transmitter (hooked it up to my MP3 player), works paired up with the Treo as a headset (the voice quality is ***, but less crackling than the Moto 810 may make it more usable).

I have the demo versions of SAG and Ptunes deluxe - I connect to "Remote" with SAG and it seems to find my headphones, but then when I try to play in PTunes, it says "Unable to initialize the licensing subsystem. You may have an incompatible application installed on your device."

Anyone else run into this? These are subscription tunes from Rhapsody, don't know if that makes a difference, or if it's because I'm running the demo versions of the software.
    I just answered my own question. Tried a regular MP3 and it worked just fine (it froze the Treo, but that's another issue I imagine). I guess you can't stream Rhapsody subscription content with this setup.

Too bad, with a 4 GB SD card this would have been the coolest flash player ever. Guess I'll wait for some more revisions to SAG and / or PTunes. Anyone run into this issue and have more information about it?
    Quote Originally Posted by smileyboy
    Question aboutthe plantronic bt headphones. Do u need a adapter in the treo or is it totally wireless, and all you need is the new program with SAG to make it work?
    thanks

no, no adapter necessary. I have this setup and use it just about everyday in the gym. No wires.

Ptunes, Plantronics and SAG software. It rocks. You will be blown away by the sound of these headphones knowing they are wireless. Nice thing about these headphones is they come with a dongle so you can convert anything with a 3.5mm output jack into a wireless BT transmitter.
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    Go to Pocket-Tunes web site. Norm has a help file that will fix the licensing stuff. I had it when I tried to play audio books. You might have to delete a corrupted file or two. It's in the instructions on his web site. Hope this helps.

Yeah the Plantronics do rock compared to the Bluetake BT450RX ... 450's cannot pump the volume and don't have the range. But their good if you don't want that geek look (but that's about it).
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Thx guys. I am grtting the plantronics. Geeks I have arrived.
    Went to Compusa tonight. the motos were only $80. they sound great music and audiobooks. WOW I LOVE BLUETOOTH. Plus they look like headphones. funny that plantronics is giving away a free trip to space. If I bought the plantronic headphones I'd already feel like I was in outer space.
    Quote Originally Posted by theBlaze74
    Bluetooth headphones seem like somewhat of a novelty to me in the context of use with a PORTABLE device. Are users going to put the headphones on and NOT carry the treo along? How about changing songs? And if the treo is in your hand? Why are you spending money, and time charging and pairing your bluetoothe earphones, when the phone is right there in your hand? It doesnt make much sense to me.

I had always thought of a2dp in terms of pairing with my car, and with my home stereo so that i could in effect use the treo as the ultimate handheld treo killer. I have the motorolla stereo gateway, now im just waiting on bill gates for my windows mobile update.

By the way, i would give a report or review about the gateway, but it doesnt work yet, lol.
    It all depends on what you use your Treo for.

Think about using it in your local fitness/recreation center, or while you are biking. Are you going to have your Treo in your hand? Now think about the appearance and hassle of wires, which can easily get in the way of what you are doing. When I have to use earbuds with my Treo, I always secure the wires so that they will be pulled out of my ears if they snag without damaging the delicate microphone jack ( which I just repaired, btw ) on my Treo.
    Quote Originally Posted by treo-inphatuati
    i have to disagree on your opinions of the bt450rx ive been using it with the sag 1.03 it pairs in seconds the sound is crisp and clear " i wasnt expecting a bose experience " but they sound like any reg good pair of headphones i recieve phone calls and can cancel thru the headset the only thing is if its windy i dont think the mic is protected with a small piece if cloth or sponge to cancel the wind and for some reason the phone can be up to 10 or 15 feet away from me with no prob but cant be on my left pocket or hip LOL i dont know why..
    i also bought the motos but returned them cause there too big i look like princess leya with them and the plantronics look solid i tried them on but i dont wanna look like dj spinbad or something besides i use hats so thats out of the question ... only thing is that the bt450rx feel loose "feel being the magic word" but in the gym they havent fall of once i jog lift and nothing so i already lost the sense of them feeling like they gonna fall the ones im waiting for to buy are HBH-DS970 from sony or the Nokia Wireless Stereo Headset HS-12W less bulk in your ear the better

hope this helps
    I agree with you on less bulk is better. After doing some searches for the HS-12w, is appears to be coming out on 4/20/2006. If though it is semi-wired, the earbuds remove the princess leia effect, look pretty nice, and they support the fast forward/reverse/etc. features that Softick promises will be added to their audio gateway software. So we are in a win/win situation with them, price exclued. Of cource, they also untether you from the Treo.
    Got my HT 820 at compusa $80 as advertsed. So far they work great for listening to books on tape( audible) and Ptunes. The phone seems to work too. The Treo seems to freeze up for a few minutes after a phone call interupts the book/music, but I can live with it.

So far/so good
    I just can't get TCPMP to work with the HT820's can someone help? My treo frezzes up.
    I just can't get TCPMP to work with the HT820's can someone help? My treo frezzes up.
    Be careful, sometimes the Treo looks like it froze but it did not.

For some reason, the Softick Audio Gateway is running very slow. So if you try and switch applications while listening to your music via P-Tunes or in my case Audible (for book) it looks like nothing is happening.

If you wait long enough it will happen. But it is so slow it might have well crashed.

I'm hoping that with the next update of SAG it will run better and fix some of the issues with switching to phone calls and back.

On another topic, I have both the Bluetake BT540RX and the Plantronics 590A.

Of the two, the Plantronics wins hands down, it nice and lound and has good bass.

And I use the Bluetakes when I don't want that over the head look and I don't care about volume. The BT540 has no ample volume to it, does last as long on a charge.

But I use the BT540 to connect to a portable AM radio, using the Plantronics external transmitter adapter base. Apparently, that adapter is universal. I purchased the Bluetake 450 without the extra adapter. Since I didn't like how the Bluetake works with the Treo, I'm using it for a little AM radio I use to listen to Air America Radio, while working.

But after using it for a couple hours at work, I have to recharge it everynight.

Not so with the Plantronics. Also the Planetronics can transmit at a further distance. You don't have to be on top of the Treo. I can walk around the house, not the case with the Bt540's.

Just thought I'd let you know my experience.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3

mp3s worked for me, but I only use TCPMP for video, and I had no luck with my divx & xvid encoded movies, but my 3gp movies play fine... Do you have a 3gp encoder? I've got one I can post if you need it...
    Is there a car charger for the Moto HT820?
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054

For some reason, the Softick Audio Gateway is running very slow. So if you try and switch applications while listening to your music via P-Tunes or in my case Audible (for book) it looks like nothing is happening.

If you wait long enough it will happen. But it is so slow it might have well crashed.

I'm hoping that with the next update of SAG it will run better and fix some of the issues with switching to phone calls and back.

Of the two, the Plantronics wins hands down, it nice and lound and has good bass.

And I use the Bluetakes when I don't want that over the head look and I don't care about volume. The BT540 has no ample volume to it, does last as long on a charge.

But I use the BT540 to connect to a portable AM radio, using the Plantronics external transmitter adapter base. Apparently, that adapter is universal. I purchased the Bluetake 450 without the extra adapter. Since I didn't like how the Bluetake works with the Treo, I'm using it for a little AM radio I use to listen to Air America Radio, while working.

But after using it for a couple hours at work, I have to recharge it everynight.

Not so with the Plantronics. Also the Planetronics can transmit at a further distance. You don't have to be on top of the Treo. I can walk around the house, not the case with the Bt540's.

Rob
    experience same slowness on my 650 also, are we the only 2 have the problem?
    CNG ATTWS Treo650
    Probably not!
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3

For those who experience slowness, I find SAG 1.03 is slightly better. You may want to try that.
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054

Rob
    rlanza1054-My XP sees no Audio Gateway serviceon Plantronics 590. What can I do for right setup ?
    CNG ATTWS Treo650
    This has nothing to do with the PC or XP (except in installing SAG).

Make sure the headset is paired with the Treo. Then install and run SAG and select External.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast