Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hdhntr23
    Thats the thing about being on the bleeding edge of technology.... theres always something new.

Sigh those look HOT!!! Just about perfect for me. I just dont want to wait!!!

Whhaaaaaaaaaa

Yeah I can't wait for those either. Has anyone seen these?

Has built in FM with RDS...if you wanna hear radio.
    I got the Plantronics today. Charged them up, fiddled with the setup of SAG to figure out how to pair etc....

I was actually..... HARD.

hahaha Seriously it was incredible. The sound out of those things, combined with the fact that they are wireless?

I was grinning ear to ear. I still am. The Plantronics kick azzzzzzzz. Awesome low end, pretty good high end.

They paired right up, only time the music ever skipped was when I would change from one ap to another. Heck my regular headphones did that sometimes. No static, no pauses.

I doubt Ill ever use them for phone calls, its just not in the way I use my PTunes. I rarely if ever have my phone on while Im listening to music. I cant wait to try them out full bore tomorrow when I workout.

I was able to use them for about 15-20 minutes today.

Im seriously shocked at how responsive these things are.

Ebay $99 (plus shipping) but damn.

They retail for $249 and CompUSA has them for $179 I feel like I made out like a bandit.

PDXTreo I had TCM cranked up and no distortion, I had some Chemical Brothers playing, hmmmmmm FatBoySlim and Paul Oakenfeld. Ive ripped most of my files at over 128 and this set up handled it flawlessly.

Only complaint and its soooooooo minor, is that the band that goes over the top of your head is a tad to small for me. Im a big guy as Ive mentioned and my head is a MELON but no big deal really.

OMGoodness Im geeked.
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    I have all of those cats jamming here too. Nice taste in music (especially PO). My Motorola's may not sound as good, but they're still going strong. Cheers.
    Visor-->Visor Phone-->Treo 180-->Treo 270-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 755P-->Centro-->Pre+-->Pre 2
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    I just picked up the Moto HT820 today and I am very pleased with them. I like them better than the BT450RX's that I also have. Great sound and they stay secure on your ears. I wear glasses and they don't bother me. Also, they are no bigger than those headphone FM radios from Sony that I used to wear to the gym. If anyone is interested, see my ad in the Marketplace for my BT450RX's.

Mo
    Quote Originally Posted by Hdhntr23
    I got the Plantronics today. Charged them up, fiddled with the setup of SAG to figure out how to pair etc....

I was actually..... HARD.

hahaha Seriously it was incredible. The sound out of those things, combined with the fact that they are wireless?

I was grinning ear to ear. I still am. The Plantronics kick azzzzzzzz. Awesome low end, pretty good high end.
    I'm waiting for shipment of the Bluetake 450's, but after reading how HARD you were, I want the Plantronics.

Please let us know how they work after you've really tested them. Such as how they work when getting a phone call.

Thanks.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

I really honestly will never use them for the phone side.

But... while working out today, initially I had some hard times getting it set up and ready to go and work consistantly, only to realize

1st problem was I was using it in a Marware armband case built for an Ipod (Ive been using this solution for about a month now with a wired headset, set up with very little problems) and I came to the resolution that the case must be ever so slightly pressing the side pause button. Ok so fine step 2...

2nd, I put it back in a belt cradle that I use for everyday use and same issue. But wait, if I turned the cradle to the other side the volume/pause buttons wouldnt hit my "middle tire".

Problem solved. I worked out for about 2.5 hours and had continuous music (which sounded incredible) for the whole time.

I did make some adjustments to PTunes to make it sound and work best. I put the hot button to a different button to bring up the controls from the background (cool feature that Ive never used) and I added 1 step to the volume enhancement. 2 steps made it distort and no enhancement wasnt enough for me.

Im totally impressed. (and still HARD as well as grinning ear to ear, maybe I should consult a physician since Ive been.... for longer than 4 hours LMFAO!!!)

As far as the top of the headset being to tight, it was a total non issue. I even appreciated it because when I was laying down to do this or that excercise, they stayed right where they should. It was awesome. (as opposed to sometimes the earbud type or, the over the ear type falling out while doing 110lbs dumbells for a chest press... not good to loose youre concentration that way!)

Ill let you guys know if anything bad happens in the future but in the meantime these things rock.

On a side note, my gym is one of those gyms that has a TV on every piece of cardio equipment and allows each to control the tv with a 3.5 headset jack built in. I thought it would be neat to try the BT adapter these things came with while watching TV and doing the elipitical, (yes you can hardwire them in as well) they worked great that way too!!!!

Ok so besides the incredible sound Im getting out of these things, my other favorite feature of the package is (this is gonna sound silly) the travel case the box comes with. Its a fairly hard case that has a pocket for all the other goodies to keep with it (BT remote adapter, male to male 3.5 cable jack for hardwire), I keep it in my gymbag knowing theyre safe. I DIG that.

L8r guys.
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    Ok, now I have a woody too after reading your experience.

I'm about to place an order even though I didn't even test the Bluetake that is still on it's way.

But can you do me a favor, even though your not going to use this feature; please test out making and or receiving a phone call while listening to Pocket-Tunes.

I use PT as well, and with a wired headset the Treo nicely stops the PT and let's the call go through and then when your done you nicely go back to listening to PTunes again. No problem works flawlessly.

So, since I've read about the Bluetake 450's not really handling phone calls very good especially when listening to Ptunes, I justed wanted to see how the Plantronics work with phone calls.

I will probably get the Plantronic anyway because you described the bass sounds being nice and solid, I like a headphone that has good bass. Make you rock solid. <grin>

Thanks again.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3

Quote Originally Posted by SloMo
    I just picked up the Moto HT820 today and I am very pleased with them. I like them better than the BT450RX's that I also have. Great sound and they stay secure on your ears. I wear glasses and they don't bother me. Also, they are no bigger than those headphone FM radios from Sony that I used to wear to the gym. If anyone is interested, see my ad in the Marketplace for my BT450RX's.

Mo
    How do you like the HT820? How is the Volume and how well does it work as a phone?
    Just got a HT820 and have been using it all weekend long with pTunes and SAG 1.04. I get occasional hiccups (esp. when using the microwave here; maybe I should be afraid) and once every couple of hours need to stop pTunes, disconnect, and reconnect. The stereo quality is great and the mic works pretty well for phone calls.

I'm thinking of taking it apart and painting the shiny bits matte black so it doesn't stand out so much. Why do the headsets with the best features look good in the packaging and like silver plated turds when you wear them? At least Mot gives you a way to turn off the big blue flashing M logos on the side (press the ffwd/rewind keys together).

There's still some work to be done on SAG (namely more error handling and AVRCP support), but Softick has been good about fixing bugs quickly.
    Do you use the HT820 as a phone too?
    Sorry, I see you said works pretty well as a mic so let me ask:
    1. how is the volume I have a HS850 and the volume can be low for phone calls. Do you have any volume complaints for the phone or music?
    2. How much were the HT820 if you don't mind my asking?
    3. Do phone calls cut through the music and play again when the call is over? or are calls sent to voice mail when ptunes is on?
    4. who is you phone carrier?
    1) I used to have an HS810, and the volume kinda stunk. The HT820 seals better to your ears so it sounds much louder. Plus, phone call audio comes through both channels which helps. Volume in general is sufficient, and probably goes just a little above what would be comfortable for most people. And as far as the mic is concerned, nobody has said anything to lead me to believe they couldn't hear me, even in noisy environments.

2) $89 at CompUSA, with some sort of instant rebate.

3) With SAG 1.04, incoming calls pause pTunes and the headset will ring. Pressing the left earpiece answers the call. When you're done, pTunes stays paused and you have to get the phone out to start it again. Since the HT820 has media controls, and Softick promises AVRCP later, we should be able to play/pause from the right earpiece button eventually.

4) Cingular.
    Thanks for the review, Pokey. I will head to CompUSA tonight.
    Charles

Kyocera 6035-->Samsung I-300-->Samsung I-330-->Treo 600-->Sprint Treo 650-->Cingular Treo 650-->AT&T Treo 680-->AT&T Crimson Treo 680-->AT&T Black Centro-->AT&T Copper Treo 680-->iPhone 3G 8GB-->iPhone 3GS 16GB-->HTC EVO 4G
    Bummer...I went to CompUSA and there was no rebate available...price was $129. I will wait a bit to see if they go on sale again.
    Charles

Kyocera 6035-->Samsung I-300-->Samsung I-330-->Treo 600-->Sprint Treo 650-->Cingular Treo 650-->AT&T Treo 680-->AT&T Crimson Treo 680-->AT&T Black Centro-->AT&T Copper Treo 680-->iPhone 3G 8GB-->iPhone 3GS 16GB-->HTC EVO 4G
    Check out buy.com. The HT820's were available for $89 delivered ($65 if you sign up for buy.com visa).
    Visor-->Visor Phone-->Treo 180-->Treo 270-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 755P-->Centro-->Pre+-->Pre 2
    Thanks, but I just ordered one from Mobile Planet for $83.95 shipped. The buy.com Visa price would have been a great deal, though! However, their website says that they are temp out of stock.
    Charles

Waah! I feel left out of the party .. playing with my old a (and quirky) BT420EX.

With SAG 1.04, if I pause pTunes while streaming, it locks up the Treo (unresponsive to any button press) until I switch off the Headset. Then after 20 seconds, the Treo becomes responsive again (with some of the button-presses that were queued up getting executed). This did not happen with SAG 1.03.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Hdhntr23, could you humor me and try using the Plantronics and then try picking up a call? I too would use them @ the gym, but alas, I never turn off the phone. I just want to make sure it is a smooth transfer between the two.
    Visor Deluxe (Ice), Platinum (Black), Prism w/ Visor Fone, treo 270, treo 600, Unlocked GSM Pa1mOne branded treo 650, Palm branded Unlocked treo 680 (graphite), UBiQUiO 503g, & now HTC TyTNII TMO
    Quote Originally Posted by abarrios
    Hdhntr23, could you humor me and try using the Plantronics and then try picking up a call? I too would use them @ the gym, but alas, I never turn off the phone. I just want to make sure it is a smooth transfer between the two.
    Ok, my order came in. I got the Bluetake 450Rx-L (without the power adapter nor the transmitter).

I also, because of Hdhntr23's rave review, I ran out and went to J & R downtown and purchased the Plantronics Pulsar 590A.

This all happened yesterday.

So this morning I played a little with both.

And both, do have trouble with phone calls.

That my friend Adarrios is why most people are not really talking about what happens when you make and receive calls.

The Treo 650 hangs up a bit. I originally thought it froze solid but in reality it's so bogged down that it takes a long time to do what it has to do to the point of being unusable.

If you are listening to whatever (P-Tunes or in my case Audible) and then receive a phone call, the Treo 650 pauses the music and you can answer the phone (I answered to play it safe from the phone itself, I did not try and answer from the headset) and talk on the phone just like it does when you have a wired stereo headset.

But the problems seem to appear when you disconnect the phone call and try and return back to music.

It doesn't happen the way it's supposed to. Something goes amock.

On the Bluetake the Softick Audio Gateway switched back to internal.

The Plantronics hung up the phone and the music started to play but the phone was frozen at the phone screen since I hung up using the icon on the phone 'Hang Up' button.

I thought I had to reboot the phone to get back to working properly.

But it took about 10 minutes before the screen came back to life.

There is something going on with at least the Plantronics (I suspect both since I haven't done too much testing) that causes the phone to go into some sort of slow motion that make everything unusuable.

Even from the beginning. Go to Softick Audio Gateway and switch to remote, the go to your Pocket-Tunes or whatever and start your audio. It works as it such. But then hit the home key to get back to the Apps screen and the screen goes white and the Treo appears to be frozen.

But if you can wait it out for about 10 minutes, it will eventually get back to whatever you tried to do. In my case just go to the Apps screen hitting the Home key.

I believe something is going on with some sort of buffering.

And the drop outs you get are appear to be from the audio trying to read the SD card to buffer more of the data to be streamed through Bluetooth. That's just a hunch!

I think this is all going to be able to get fixed and hopefully Softick is looking into our observations.

I new from the beginning when thinking about purchasing these $100 headsets that things are not perfect yet, but I am willing to work with the developer to help us get to smoothing things out.

I hope their reading this forum thread. I did post a message with their support.

From all this reading in this thread I think we are all seeing the same sort of issues.

Phone calls are a bit touchy in this version.

Oh yes, the Bluetake sound like a tin can! The Plantronics have a real solid bass and overall sound. I thought the highs were too tinny, but that might have been because I might be compressing my MP3's too much around 80.

Hope this helps.
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3

does anyone know if you can get the BT450Rx-C combo pack in any color besides white?
Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast