Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad
    The link I provided (pasted below again) is for the -L (without dongle)

http://www.supermediastore.com/bluet...set-white.html

Bluetake themselves have a shop It's $95.95 there)

http://store.bluetakeshop.com/StoreF...oduct&id=30033

I get a bunch of links in Google when I search for "BT450Rx-L"
    im sorry aprasad i think youre confused im looking for the Bt420RX-L
    wow can't believe that this is working cool. I live in the car, plane airport and on the phone, when I am not on the phone I am listening to mp3's, pod casts or watching a stack of DVD's I ripped and put on 2 gig chips. I love the idea of the blue tooth headset hate wires but I really can't understand why I would have to switch from a stereo headset to a normal bluetooth headset everytime the phone rings. Alternativly I can take off the stereo headset and use the built in mike and crappy audio but to be honest If there is any background noise at all I can't hear anyone from my cell unless I press speakerphone.

What I would really love is a either a BT stereo headset with a mic built in (does this exist) or the abilaty to stream audio to my normal headset in mono. By the way my motorolo 500 works fine at streaming music from IBM thinkpad T41 so don't know why it would not work from phone...
    Quote Originally Posted by treo-inphatuati
    im sorry aprasad i think youre confused im looking for the Bt420RX-L
    My bad!!

I could't find BT420Rx-L either, not even in their own store. My guess is that the 450xx line is newer (higher number is newer/better, right?) than the 420XX line. I'd buy the 450RX-L if I were you unless you hate the "loop behind the ears" design. I happen to prefer that over the "strap behind the head" design.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Quote Originally Posted by treos
    What I would really love is a either a BT stereo headset with a mic built in (does this exist) or the abilaty to stream audio to my normal headset in mono. By the way my motorolo 500 works fine at streaming music from IBM thinkpad T41 so don't know why it would not work from phone...
    Such stereo BT headsets with mic do exist (see the original post in this thread). They are available from Plantronics, Bluetake, Motorola, among others...
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    There are these headphones to add to the list

<http://www.aircable.net/hifi-headset.html>

(unless anyone recognises them a a rebranded something else?)
    so far they reviews i read are better than any headset i read before
    Quote Originally Posted by SloMo
    I was also thinking about getting the BT420RX-L or the Moto HT 820 as well because it looks as if the neckband would keep them more secure. Any comments on that or the Motorola HT 820?

Mo
    The Motos fit snug, but have the same issues switching from phonecalls to music as all the other brands...
    hey aprasad what programs did they guys at softick use to test there software was it the TCMP or pTUNES OR realplayer cause i borrowed a 420ex from a friend and i cant get it to work so smooth like you describe to have yours
    I'm using pTunes. Is it not working for pure music?

Call handling by the 420EX is very tricky. The 420EX has to be re-paired (sort of) once after every soft reset for it to behave like a reliable handsfree headset. This is irrespective of SAG.

Remember, I have already paired the 420EX and added it to my Trusted Device list. Here is what I do once after a soft reset:

Call my Treo. It will ring but the headset button will not pick up the call. Pick up the call on the Treo. Press the headset button repeatedly and hold it pressed to put the 420EX in discovery mode (flashing orange LED). Then after 1-2 sec, press the headset button again afew times. Ususally, the headset quits the discovery mode and transfers the call to itself (with the BT icon on the Treo turning into a headset).

From now on (until the next soft reset), the BT420 works perfectly: it rings in the headset, picks up calls, hangs up calls. It is as if the original pairing (using the Palm's wizard) paired the devices but did not enable the handsfree profile...

Try this. Then you can run SAG and test out the music.

Like I said, the pure music functions works flawlessly with SAG and 420EX and pTunes.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Alright! I tried the Moto HT820 again, but this time with twice the file quality (bit rate). They sounded pretty darn good, so I bought a pair. Yee haw.
    Visor-->Visor Phone-->Treo 180-->Treo 270-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 755P-->Centro-->Pre+-->Pre 2
    Does the new software work with mono headsets? I have searched and cant find this answer.

Quote Originally Posted by treos
    wow can't believe that this is working cool. I live in the car, plane airport and on the phone, when I am not on the phone I am listening to mp3's, pod casts or watching a stack of DVD's I ripped and put on 2 gig chips. I love the idea of the blue tooth headset hate wires but I really can't understand why I would have to switch from a stereo headset to a normal bluetooth headset everytime the phone rings. Alternativly I can take off the stereo headset and use the built in mike and crappy audio but to be honest If there is any background noise at all I can't hear anyone from my cell unless I press speakerphone.

Quote Originally Posted by bpa_25
    Does the new software work with mono headsets? I have searched and cant find this answer.
    http://softick.com/faq.php?&cat=4&prod=14#59

Q: Can you please tell me if this product will allow me to listen to audio through mono bt headset?

A: Most mono headsets do not provide A2DP profile which is required by Audio Gateway. Such headsets use SCO chanels to stream audio (BT Headset / HandsFree 1.x profile) only. Currently this profile and channels are not supported by our product. We will try to add this capability in the future version if this is possible.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Here is a review of the Plantronics on the Softic website's new forum...

http://www.softick-forum.com/viewtopic.php?t=3

Caleb
    The ones I would really like to try are the new Jabra ones coming soon, at least according to their website.

http://www.jabra.com/JabraCMS/NA/EN/...abraBT620s.htm

I hope they come out soon, I have to start taking the train to work an hour each way, and I would really like a new toy to make the time go easier.
    Newton 100 > Newton 120 > Palm IIIx > LG Phenom Express > Palm 505 > Treo 300 > Tungsten T > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750
    Does the Plantronics 640 work
    hey i got the bt450rx they work fine playin music with ptunes but best when using tcmp cause the screen doesnt freeze after a call anyway the only thing after a call i have to do is turn off the headphones and on again and thats is the sound quality is great i get no stuttering i have used ptunes with sag activated and verichat and no stuttering i got to point out i got the udmh software from www.palmpowerups.com and my songs a ripped to 96kbps but still sound awesome i even got some at 64kps u cant really tell the dif from headphones on the other hand if you got a decent system at home you can hear the dif but not in the headphones you were so right aprasad these are the bomb one question why i can hear the songs crystal clear and the voice call sometimes underwater i thought it would be reverse
    I just ordered my Plantronics set today, I should get them by Friday.

Ebay $99.00
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
  18.    #78  
    Quote Originally Posted by smileyboy
    Does the Plantronics 640 work
    The 640 is the single earpiece headset, correct? Though this thread is focussed on the stereo headsets, you might find an answer here:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=108084
    I got them to work for more than 30 seconds, but if I lose the connection from being out of range or the phone rings, then it can't reconnect and I have to reboot the treo. Also, since the naviPlay also supports handsfree, I got it to pair as a headset also, but can't seem to get the treo to switch between music and calls. Hard to tell at this point if it is SAG or the naviPlay - seems more likely something between the SAG and treo itself being unstable.

Quote Originally Posted by paesano
    No luck with the NaviPlay from +Ten. This headset is really designed for the iPod, but it is flexible enough to work with other A2DP sources. Unfortunately it does not work with SAG. Plays for about 30 seconds then stops. I've tried every setting in SAG, but it makes no difference. The Bluetooth connection is still up, but no audio.
    Jabras look cool, but I would like a headset c/w mike (as opposed to head phones). With a mike you can receive calls on the Treo without having to remove the set from your ears?
Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast