Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad
    By your logic, one can connect wires and plug-in into the car audio or home audio system just as easily.
    lol, my whole family listening to mp3s on the bose system in my suv or in my home theater over bluetooth is not a good analogy to using bluetooth headphones while the treo is STILL IN YOUR HAND, is it?
    Quote Originally Posted by theBlaze74
    Bluetooth headphones seem like somewhat of a novelty to me in the context of use with a PORTABLE device. Are users going to put the headphones on and NOT carry the treo along? How about changing songs? And if the treo is in your hand? Why are you spending money, and time charging and pairing your bluetoothe earphones, when the phone is right there in your hand? It doesnt make much sense to me.
    Your logic here defeats bluetooth headsets for calls as well (except while driving). With bluetooth, whether for calls or listening to podcasts, I can have the phone charging in the cradle and roam fairly freely. I can keep my phone in my pocket, near the treadmill, at the desk, etc. I recall reading somewhere a bluetooth set for even while in the pool (which is a place I want my Treo a few feet away from).

Now that said, I hate bluetooth headsets in general. I think it's rather geeky and a pain to be wearing "just in case" a call comes through (including while driving) that's why I like hands-free kits for cars. However, this is different I think (haven't used it yet so I may be wrong). I know when I'm ready to play music or a podcast so it's not a "just in case" scenerio.
    Bluetooth headphones seem like somewhat of a novelty to me in the context of use with a PORTABLE device. Are users going to put the headphones on and NOT carry the treo along? How about changing songs? And if the treo is in your hand? Why are you spending money, and time charging and pairing your bluetoothe earphones, when the phone is right there in your hand? It doesnt make much sense to me.

I had always thought of a2dp in terms of pairing with my car, and with my home stereo so that i could in effect use the treo as the ultimate handheld treo killer. I have the motorolla stereo gateway, now im just waiting on bill gates for my windows mobile update.

By the way, i would give a report or review about the gateway, but it doesnt work yet, lol.
    a better option that streaming music from your Treo to your home stereo is to use your home computer as a stereo and control the content via your Treo. Chances are high you will have most of your music on your computer, why not play it from there?

Salling Clicker does a great job as a bluetooth remote, and works excellent with Itunes, winamp and Win Media Player... even works via GPRS!!!
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
    Has anyone tried this ?? -- I-Tech Clip S35 BT Stereo Headset adapter - you can connect your own headphones

http://www.mobileplanet.com/product.asp?code=125691
    where can i get or order the BT420Rx-L thats the one that come without the dongle
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts

I had always thought of a2dp in terms of pairing with my car, and with my home stereo so that i could in effect use the treo as the ultimate handheld treo killer. I have the motorolla stereo gateway, now im just waiting on bill gates for my windows mobile update.

By the way, i would give a report or review about the gateway, but it doesnt work yet, lol.
    I hear ya, but for me losing the wire is huge. especially when at the gym or running. I cant tell ya how many times the wire has got hooked and yanked my baby
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    and who or what is TCM?
    where can i get or order the BT420Rx-L thats the one that come without the dongle ......

anyboby can help me or point ..me to the right direction
    TCM
    I have a question noone seem to answer if I assign the udmh from www.palmpowerups.com will this help the slugish play of ptunes while using the sag ??? it worked for the emulation play in my treo
    Quote Originally Posted by fswartz
    Has anyone tried this ?? -- I-Tech Clip S35 BT Stereo Headset adapter - you can connect your own headphones

http://www.mobileplanet.com/product.asp?code=125691
    Have that model. The best thing about it is that it lets you use whatever 3.5mm headphones you want.

Audio quality seems to be decent although not as good as directly connecting the headphones to the Treo. For talk and general listening though it is very acceptable to me.

Range is short on SAG when set to high quality - about 8 feet. Longer on medium quality - around 20 feet. On a call and in headset profile it is around 30 feet range.

Have not tested how long they will operate on a charge yet - I'll set a loop to play through them and set them about half volume and time until discharged.

With the latest version of SAG, they handoff calls well if you are sure to activate the phone app before shutting down the screen.

Steve
    Quote Originally Posted by treo-inphatuati
    where can i get or order the BT420Rx-L thats the one that come without the dongle ......

anyboby can help me or point ..me to the right direction
    Google it.

The very first link has it for $89
    http://www.supermediastore.com/bluet...set-white.html
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    I have a question noone seem to answer if I assign the udmh from www.palmpowerups.com will this help the slugish play of ptunes while using the sag ??? it worked for the emulation play in my treo
    The playback is very smooth with SAG 1.03 and pTunes 1.3.1 with my BT420EX
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    I just purchased the Bluetake BT540RX-L after reading some of the messages on this board.

So from what I see, I will end up being the guinea pig for testing this unit.

I also wrote the author of the Softick Audio Gateway asking them if I do end up having trouble if they would be willing to work with me to get this unit to work properly if I should encounter problems.

I'm hoping not, but suspect that I will find a few glitches as it seems everyone else has some sort of minor problem.

Thanks and I will get back to you all, when the unit arrives.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Quote Originally Posted by aprasad
    Google it.

The very first link has it for $89
    but i cant seem to find the BT420RX-L any where the have the Bt450rx but not this one without the dongle i goolgled and nothing javascript:window.open('BT420Rx/BT420Rx_inbox01.htm','w2','top=0,left=0,width=500,height=430,scrollbars=yes,resize=no');void(0);
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    I got my BT540RX-L yesterday. It was easy to pair (after I figured out the security code #0000) and they seem to work very well. The only problem I'm having is after hanging up on a call it will not resume P-Tunes. I have SAG 1.03 with P tunes 3.1.3. on a Verizon 1.04 T650. I can hear it ring, answer and hang up the call from the headset no problem. After it hangs up, I have to shut down the T650 for a few and then turn it back on. I then go into SAG push the "stream to remote" button and then Im back in business. As for the fit, this is not a pair of headphones for jogger. They fit loose around the ear. I havent tried them at the gym yet but Im sure they would work as long as you dont lay down for benching etc. because Im pretty sure they will fall off.

I was also thinking about getting the BT420RX-L or the Moto HT 820 as well because it looks as if the neckband would keep them more secure. Any comments on that or the Motorola HT 820?

Mo
    hey anyone can help me find the Bt420RX-L i cant find them anywhere i google only get 2 results and none of them have it
    hey anyone can help me find the Bt420RX-L i cant find them anywhere i google only get 2 results and none of them have it
    still no answer?
    but i cant seem to find the BT420RX-L any where the have the Bt450rx but not this one without the dongle i goolgled and nothing javascript:window.open('BT420Rx/BT420Rx_inbox01.htm','w2','top=0,left=0,width=500,height=430,scrollbars=yes,resize=no');void(0);
    The link I provided (pasted below again) is for the -L (without dongle)

Bluetake themselves have a shop It's $95.95 there)

http://store.bluetakeshop.com/StoreF...oduct&id=30033

I get a bunch of links in Google when I search for "BT450Rx-L"
    Last edited by aprasad; 03/04/2006 at 08:00 PM. Reason: more info
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Well it looks like I was not the guinea pig for the 450.

It's seems I will end up having some problems. Hopefully, Softick Gateway can be improved.

I'm not happy that you said they don't fit tight around the ear. I can only hope that my ears are larger than your. Maybe dumbo size.

But at least you've made them work.

It sounded as if your satisfied but that their not great.

Thanka for the info!
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast