Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
    How about the Sony Ericsson HBH-DS970. I really want to try it:

http://www.sonyericsson.com/spg.jsp?...p4_1&pid=10394
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by treoneo; 03/02/2006 at 01:18 PM.
    Earbuds !! hate em. They fall off at the slightest movement of my head. The ear-canal ones are too painful for my taste and comfort.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Eh I never had any problem with the earbuds falling out. I like the bass sound it adds. I just something mor compact. The Plantronics are nice but I don't want to walk around like some DJ at a rave. Not to mention I could listen to music on my laptop AND get a call from my phone & answer it. THAT is cool.
    Last edited by treoneo; 03/02/2006 at 01:21 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo

Thats the thing about being on the bleeding edge of technology.... theres always something new.

Sigh those look HOT!!! Just about perfect for me. I just dont want to wait!!!

Whhaaaaaaaaaa
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    Eh I never had any problem with the earbuds falling out. I like the bass sound it adds. I just something mor compact. The Plantronics are nice but I don't want to walk around like some DJ at a rave. Not to mention I could listen to music on my laptop AND get a call from my phone & answer it. THAT is cool.

wouldnt you be able to do that with any BT Stereo device that has a mic in it?

The thing I like about this tho is the display feature. Not sure if it will be supported on our beloved but... there IS the future models.
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    I'm interested in the moto ht280 but someone reported skipping music. Anyone else successfully getting audio to work cleanly? Also, how does it behave when switching to a phone call? Can you take a call directly in the headset or do you have to switch some type of mode on the phone application?
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    Have used the Scala, PalmOne, Logitech Mobile Pro, Logitech Mobile Freedom and now the Plantronics Discovery 640.

Discovery 640 is by far the best. $85 with shipping on ebay.

Sound is as good or better than any other I've tried, cost is good and packaging is exceptional. There is a pen typ case that will recharge the device while it is in the case (from a AAA battery). The device vibrates on incoming calls when in the case. It's light and sits in the ear comfortably.

Definitely one to look at...
    I think people in this thread are more interested in BT headsets that provide stereo music (and voice calls).
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Quote Originally Posted by infinitemethod
    I really like the Logitech headphones for the ipod. The range is amazing, I couldn't believe it. And just a heads up, if you live by a Compusa, they are having a deal, $99 and comes with a $50 dollar rebate.
    Was this a pne day only thing or something? I can not see a special.
    Hdhntr23,

The Method serves as my avitar baby!

OT to your inquiry with regards to my previous post, I got caught up with the Main SAG thead. Now I have v1.01 loaded along with ogg and mp3's (TCM included ). I'm checking out the Moto headset again today to see if I can get 'em going w/out continuous pauses.
    Visor-->Visor Phone-->Treo 180-->Treo 270-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 755P-->Centro-->Pre+-->Pre 2
    ^I'm interested in your motoresults. I'm likely getting it if someone has success with it.
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
    Don't wait on me. Others have experienced solid performance with the Moto HT820.
    Visor-->Visor Phone-->Treo 180-->Treo 270-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 755P-->Centro-->Pre+-->Pre 2
    Quote Originally Posted by pdxtreo
    Hdhntr23,

The Method serves as my avitar baby!

OT to your inquiry with regards to my previous post, I got caught up with the Main SAG thead. Now I have v1.01 loaded along with ogg and mp3's (TCM included ). I'm checking out the Moto headset again today to see if I can get 'em going w/out continuous pauses.

I too will be checking out the Moto headset this weekend... I'll post up my experiences.

BY THE WAY! the TCM avatar is SWEET!! It shows up Crystal clear! (I just need to find som Drum & Bass avatars!)
    Couldn't even connect to ht820 using v1.01. Got v1.03 loaded & off to try again. The third time will be the charm and I JUST got by bonus, so I am definitely ready to pull the trigger!

These look like something worth waiting for. Any ETA?

The earbuds are just easier to carry and use at the desk that wrap arounds...

I like how it says it will switch between bluetooth on the PC to bluetooth for a call at a press of a button. Very nice if it works!
    Quote Originally Posted by xenophonite
    I'm interested in the moto ht280 but someone reported skipping music. Anyone else successfully getting audio to work cleanly? Also, how does it behave when switching to a phone call? Can you take a call directly in the headset or do you have to switch some type of mode on the phone application?
    I just bought my motorola bluetooth ht820 headphones from radioshack today. They look and feel good but otherwise are horrible and are definitly going back tomorrow.
    1. They dont work playing drm music from raphsody-to-go. I get a weird error message that I have an incompatible application running when I try to play them in pocket tunes.
    2. Even when I play a regular mp3 song the crackling is HORRIBLE. I even tryed playing it with music from my computer and it was a little better and the crackling was gone but the sound quality was still unacceptable.
    3. I cant use them with tcmp to play movies because it makes the movie lag probably because the softick application is making it go slow.

I'm probably just going to forget the whole wireless bluetooth stereo thing and just get some regular wired headphones. The hassle is more than its worth.
    several regular phones -> sidekick 2 -> treo 650 -> hopefully 700p
    Got the Motos to work. It was pretty cool, but I concur that the sound quality was not stellar. Bass distorted significantly, even when I wasn't playing TCM. I'd be interested to know if files burned above 128 kb/s sound better. The medium setting in SAG is mid 200's. I'll try a different brand in the meantime.
    Bluetooth headphones seem like somewhat of a novelty to me in the context of use with a PORTABLE device. Are users going to put the headphones on and NOT carry the treo along? How about changing songs? And if the treo is in your hand? Why are you spending money, and time charging and pairing your bluetoothe earphones, when the phone is right there in your hand? It doesnt make much sense to me.

I had always thought of a2dp in terms of pairing with my car, and with my home stereo so that i could in effect use the treo as the ultimate handheld treo killer. I have the motorolla stereo gateway, now im just waiting on bill gates for my windows mobile update.

By the way, i would give a report or review about the gateway, but it doesnt work yet, lol.
    theBlaze,

Wires are a drag, literally. I'll accept a trade off in an attempt to ditch them. Good luck with your Gateway.
    Quote Originally Posted by theBlaze74
    Bluetooth headphones seem like somewhat of a novelty to me in the context of use with a PORTABLE device. Are users going to put the headphones on and NOT carry the treo along? How about changing songs? And if the treo is in your hand? Why are you spending money, and time charging and pairing your bluetoothe earphones, when the phone is right there in your hand? It doesnt make much sense to me.

I had always thought of a2dp in terms of pairing with my car, and with my home stereo so that i could in effect use the treo as the ultimate handheld treo killer. I have the motorolla stereo gateway, now im just waiting on bill gates for my windows mobile update.

By the way, i would give a report or review about the gateway, but it doesnt work yet, lol.
    Wireless listening is convenient when exercising. Or in keeping the Treo secure in a backpack or briefcase. Or while bicycling.

Changing songs is a feature in newer headsets (and SAG, soon).

By your logic, one can connect wires and plug-in into the car audio or home audio system just as easily.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast